TAKEDA

Got a situation

Well, this weekend is the Grapefest wine event in Grpaevine Texas near where I live and the wife really wants to go becasue she loves wine. I have never really been much into wine, so I was thinking about bringing some absinthe along. However, I Don't really want to disgrace a fine absinthe by drinking it out of a plastic cup though. Heck, Maybe ill just bring a backpack with spoons and all... Luscious Oily Lesbians!. I just can't see myself drinking wine all day when there is so much good absinthe to drink. "What say you , bring or no bring"? :cheers:

I have had absinthe in flasks and plastic cups; no big deal. I would prepare it ahead of time, though. You might get people coming up to you wanting a sample (which, maybe you would want to do?).

BTW, how are you going to get Luscious Oily Lesbians! into your backpack?

I think if you look around here enough, you'll find you're not alone using plastic cups occasionally for Absinthe.

On the same note, if the wine is free....

:drunk: There is absolutely nothing wrong with drinking absinthe out of a plastic cup. I am also quite sure, a wine festival will have ice and water available for those who want to drink something else, besides wine. Plastic, glass, metal flasks are the ticket, like those gent's have said before me. :cheers:

I use a thermos. first I prepare my Absinthe then put it in the thermos(already cooled) and I use the cup on top. put it in my backpack and I'm good to go. You can also use more than one thermos for variety. :cheers:

Take an emergency ration for yourself, if you must. But why not try to indulge your wife and put some effort into building an appreciation of something she enjoys. Maybe she can lead you to a wine you'll both really enjoy. Together.

If wine is decent and free, you can have both and make absinthes de minuit-these substances marry well.

As I have mentioned before, I would not pre louche my Absinthe even if I were down to plastic cups. Absinthe from a flask in one and ice or ice water in another with a tiny hole in the bottom and you can drip your way to a fresh glass almost anywhere.

As much as I love Absinthe and hate wine, I am with PB on this one though, use the time to bond with your sweetie over an interest of hers. Relationships are more important than almost anything else.

I've pre louched on many occasion and it's fine. As long as it's only for 2 to 3 hours and in a thermos. If you want pack a glass,I've done that to.

It generally takes me an hour to finish a drink. I like to sip slowly, other than the drink gets warm it's fine.

As to being with his sweetie, I'd say that's personal. He can bond and be supportive and still have his thing. Working to hard in a relationship can ruin it. relationships need a balance of give and take along with trust and understanding. Remember they're two separate individuals with their own interests. If he chooses to join his sweetie that's fine.But if he chooses to bring a thermos that's fine to,it's up to what works for them.

I once packed a Russian flask with Serpis 65. and took it to "the movies" where I mixed it with a pre-chilled cherry soda. Had I known the flask leaked horribly, i would not have shelled out $20 for it in Moscow. It stank to high hell and everyone knew I was leaking liquor. Not a class act. :thumbdown: