Sign in to follow this  
Poor

Questionable Ebay Absinthe Art

During a regular stroll through Ebay I came across this.

2546_3.JPG

They are asking $1,275 buy it now. Opening bid is $300. It is a piece of original art.

A couple questions arise upon examination.

Blue Absinthe.

No louche.

Martini Glass.

What looks like an orange rind decoration.

Also look carefully at the spoon. Half of it mysteriously disappears in the area of the fairy leg. This could be an unbalanced design I am not aware of.

Hills perhaps?

Bleh.

If you want over a grand for your work, get it right.

Oh it goes on and on:

Her right foot is half the length of her lower leg.

Her left hand, fingers and lower left arm are severely deformed.

The angle of her right shoe does not follow the angle of her over-size foot.

Her "tat" doesn't seem to follow the contour of her arm.

Her face is all f*#@ed-up.

Something is very weird about the straps on her shoes.

She forgot to pay her Visa bill.

Some dork is going to buy it and hang it in their house.

I also saw and enjoyed this...

flask.JPG

Description:

My divorce is final and I'm selling off my ex's crap. Here we have a round flask from Asinthe Original, which I believe is a company out of what was once Yugoslavia. It's about five inches across and has a glass window in the front.

Don't ask for any more details; I don't have them and I'm not asking my ex-husband.

:laf:

Reminds me of selling my ex's road racing set after the divorce. He was really pissed that he had forgotten it during our mediation that HE insisted on! I asked, in front of him, if there was anything else he could ask for from that point on and she (the mediator) said no. As soon as she left the room, I leaned across the table and reminded him of the set he bought during his childhood with his paperboy money. The look on his face was priceless!!!

I got about $140 for it on e-bay. Still have the cars, though...

Besides that, the face looks like a transvestite.

:laf:

Reminds me of selling my ex's road racing set after the divorce. He was really pissed that he had forgotten it during our mediation that HE insisted on! I asked, in front of him, if there was anything else he could ask for from that point on and she (the mediator) said no. As soon as she left the room, I leaned across the table and reminded him of the set he bought during his childhood with his paperboy money. The look on his face was priceless!!!

Damn...

May I just remind everyone that mediation can and should be the best way to handle conflict in a manner that preserves appropriate and positive relationships between parties. It allows many people to stay in control of outcomes and out of court. It is much less adversarial and much, much less expensive than the legal system.

Wow, you'd think I was a professional Mediator

I hate the painting too

My very first reaction when I saw this one was how uncomfortable she must be. She's sitting on the edge of the spoon handle, and where is her weight resting? OWWW.

Not to worry, because she won't be sitting there long, since at this angle, she'll slide of the spoon in a second...

Pedra's chitty absinthe paintings have been around since before I got to the forums, and she's never gotten any better. She still seems to know less about absinthe than the rawest newbie.

The spoon by itself is not bad...as a still life study.

The glasses are quite nifty, too...by themselves.

That fairy is just painful to see. It's way to reminiscent of high school art class and all the guys trying to make the uber-hawt elf chicks from Dungeons and Dragons...badly. It always pains me to see some 'artist' try to paint in the imaginary crease that runs from the side of the mouth, past the cheek and up alongside the nose.

eBay is always good for a laugh here and there. I about lost it on the one occasion where I saw a pair of off white shoes with the description "gothic" in the header.

:dribble:

It smacks of a really bad ad you might see, or perhaps a really good effort by a high school freshman. If you are gonna go realistic, learn to draw before you learn to paint, man. and I never understood what "absinthe art" is. It sounds totally bogus as an art "category". Is it art about and portraying absinthe? Is it something produced while the artist was drinking absinthe? Is absinthe in the paint or printing ink? Seems like we could have oxygen art with the same criteria.

If it is a great painting, print or drawing, it stands by itself. I do not believe Degas or Picasso would have considered their absinthe-related paintings as "absinthe art." It is tough when you try to transcend one art form for another. The real absinthe art is in the distilling, and the real art appreciation is the drinking.

More bad art. And only $4250.

Absent.JPG

ABSENTE ANYONE?

How can you say no to this fantastic beauty?

Areas of the bronze have a polished finish, giving this playful fairy a luminous complexion. The hair and tray have a more matte finish and the Absente bottle, glass and tips of the wings are tinted Absente Green. The strategic leaves are painted with a Seafoam Green enamel, and the writing on the base (which is a shade darker) is painted in Royal Blue, along with the details of the bottle label.

This beautiful new limited edition bronze was created as a work of art to promote Absente liqueur, a refined version of the infamous Absinthe which was a favorite drink of artists throughout France during the early 20th century. Works of art are commissioned by Crillon Importers to perpetuate this traditional link between Absente and art.