Sign in to follow this  
GrayWolf

Kretek Cigrattes

The govenment is all around us to protect us from ourselves and keep us healthy, we should be thankful.

I know I am!

:puke:

whats this I hear (see) cloves are going to be banned, nooooooooo!!!!!! That's just insane. Laws are just getting insane, if I want to poisin my body no one has the right to tell me what I can and can not do it with. I'm going to have to go shopping a pick up a few packs.

Too late, the ban went into effect on September 22. Shipments were not allowed past August 28, so the stores that had dwindling supplies were gouging on them.

But, as I said before, at least the Djarum Blacks will still be available because they're being packaged as "cigars" now. Same thing, but the cigarettes are slightly wider and cost slightly less each. The bad thing is that they probably won't be as widely available and I'm not sure if any other brands, or even other Djarum varieties, are going to be switched to cigars.

The ban is not against cloves specifically, but against all flavoured cigarettes except menthol in order to try to help prevent underage smoking. It's a stupid, misguided plan. They decided not to immediately ban menthols but part of the legislation dictates that they'll be revisited soon, I think in a year.

I'm confident the ban will be overturned.

Un-intelligent and stupid. My first cig as an underage minor was not flavored as im sure it never is for the majority of America. It was Marlbro Reds!!! As a kid we smoke to be rebells so we get the worst possible! Only as adults do we actually enjoy the finer things like Kreteks! Am I wrong????? Oh and in response to the original post, I love Djarium Blacks, they are all i'll smoke other than Lucky Strikes, mmmmmm toasted.

I like Blacks but Djarum makes others that are really good, too. I'm going to be getting into other brands besides Djarum soon, buying online.

I'm not a smoker but I did buy a pack of Djarum specials a few months ago. I don't inhale when I smoke because I've abused my throat as a metal vocalist for years, I'm sure Peridot will testify as well. The thing is, the tabacco taxes in Canada are very high so I end up paying 15CAD a pack.

Wow. In US Dollars I paid $6 for Specials, and that was when prices went up right before the ban.

I also don't inhale when I smoke. Kreteks are the only cigarettes I smoke. Otherwise I smoke cigars so I'm accustomed to not inhaling... and it would screw up my vocals. :)

Un-intelligent and stupid. My first cig as an underage minor was not flavored as im sure it never is for the majority of America. It was Marlbro Reds!!! As a kid we smoke to be rebells so we get the worst possible! Only as adults do we actually enjoy the finer things like Kreteks! Am I wrong????? Oh and in response to the original post, I love Djarium Blacks, they are all i'll smoke other than Lucky Strikes, mmmmmm toasted.

I total agree with you, about your point and on blacks being really good. As for cigs, dont like Lucky Strikes, Im an American Spirit man myself.

As someone who was a kretek smoker (Blacks and also Splashes) I have to say I'm not crazy about the new version of the Djarum Blacks that is on the market now as mini-cigars or whatever they are calling them. I find them to taste rather different- much more harsh and slightly acrid. Now, this is just my personal taste, others may love them. I also have a strong distaste for cigars, and I can no longer smoke regular cigarettes.

I don't smoke all that much, but I do when I'm actively using my anxiolytics. For whatever reason I get a weird hangover effect from the anxiolytic medication unless I use it in conjunction with nicotine. Kretek were my preferred method for this.

I'm curious- are these available still in Canada? What are the actual regulations on these in the US? I'm wondering if one could purchase them in Canada and then bring them back across the border legally.

As someone who was a kretek smoker (Blacks and also Splashes) I have to say I'm not crazy about the new version of the Djarum Blacks that is on the market now as mini-cigars or whatever they are calling them. I find them to taste rather different- much more harsh and slightly acrid. Now, this is just my personal taste, others may love them. I also have a strong distaste for cigars, and I can no longer smoke regular cigarettes.

I don't smoke all that much, but I do when I'm actively using my anxiolytics. For whatever reason I get a weird hangover effect from the anxiolytic medication unless I use it in conjunction with nicotine. Kretek were my preferred method for this.

I'm curious- are these available still in Canada? What are the actual regulations on these in the US? I'm wondering if one could purchase them in Canada and then bring them back across the border legally.

As far as I know the ban only affected commercial shipments, I don't think there was anything against personal importation, and there's plenty of sites that have cartons for ridiculously cheap, but I have no idea on the shipping.

I don't know if the ban prohibits purchasing them online and having them shipped. But I also don't care; I'll do it anyway.