jacksonm

Absinthe related internet domains for sale

Hi,

I have the following domains for sale. They are so-called international domain names (IDN) because they have a french accent. This is the correct spelling of fée, as you know.

I realize that many of you will be unfamiliar with IDNs; see the wikipedia page about IDNs for more info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internationalized_domain_name

I can also answer questions about IDNs if needed, e.g. which browsers support them today, etc.

All prices are in USD

laféeverte.com - 7500

laféeverte.net - 1500

laféeverte.org - 750

laféeverte.info - 500

féeverte.com - 7500

féeverte.net - 1500

féeverte.org - 750

féeverte.info - 500

If you have been wanting an absinthe related domain name for your business or forum, now is your chance. There may be some room for negotiation.

Send a PM if interested. I will provide assistance regarding setting the domain up in your webserver or hosting provider. I can also provide hosting for you at additional monthly charges, if you so desire.

féeverte.net - 1500

Someone is gonna get pissed. Yeah, I see the ' hovering over e but I don't know if that makes it right. :g:

Hello,

I will pull my post if you feel that it violates forum rules. Just let me know. I certainly don't want to violate any rules!

As far as I know, nobody has a trademark on any of these terms and they have been around for far too long to be trademarkable anymore.

Thank you.

I don't know about violating forum rules. The Market is the market.

I'm just saying féeverte.net is almost identical to feeverte.net which has been around awhile. Oxy might get a little pissed but you'll have to ask him about that.

I can't see people typing in special characters for a URL. Being an American and all, well, I would need a cheat sheet anyway.

No, of course not. These domains are targeted at French speaking people (quite many countries worldwide) as the URL typers :-) However, if you are selling absinthe (producer, marketer, distributor) then they could be invaluable at preventing the competition from obtaining them, allowing you to expand into the French speaking market, etc.

The listed prices are valid for 30 days.

IDNs are a scam. I wouldn't touch these domains with a 10 foot pole. People would rather type la-fee-verte than laféeverte, probably even in France.

Also, the way it works, once the IDN is decoded, what you've actually bought is this domain name: www.xn--lafeverte-d4a.com. That looks like a fun thing for your tech support page, or people with old browsers.

IDNs are a scam. I wouldn't touch these domains with a 10 foot pole. People would rather type la-fee-verte than laféeverte, probably even in France.

Also, the way it works, once the IDN is decoded, what you've actually bought is this domain name: www.xn--lafeverte-d4a.com. That looks like a fun thing for your tech support page, or people with old browsers.

This is a libelous comment and I hope that the admin will remove it.

I trademarked and own the name Mais oui! I tried to get www.maisoui.com but someone bought it AFTER I had it the name trademarked. He offered to sell it to me for $125K. My attorney (who's expertise is in patents, internet and trademarks) told me that for about $1200 I could sue him and win. Having just ended a frivolous lawsuit with another less than upstanding individual, I opted not to sue him but instead went with www.maisoui.net.

So, I guess my advise is to find out if la fee verte or fee verte (with or without the accent) is a trademarked name. If it is, I would advise you to be very careful.

"Domaining" is a nice name for this ª$§HØL€'$ "hobby". The correct word is "cybersquatting", and it's really easy to sue people (or whatever they are) for it, as Molly pointed out. It's not actually illegal, but close. Good Job banning him, chief.

I always have preferred my domains with no accent, thanks all the same. :)

I paid 2.99 for thoughtwave.org and 2.99 for thedyslexiceye.com.

(I'm lucky.. my hosting is free as a Yahoo! employee)

$7500 is most definately out of any realistic range. :thumbdown:

Did you join this site just to sell your wares?

No, ma'am. I'm here to make some fiends and have a lot of funds.

Oh, that's what I thought you said.

Hi,

I have the following domain names for sale.

I realize that many of you will be unfamiliar with douche bags; see the wikipedia page about douche bags for more info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douchebag

wôrmwôôdsôcïétÿ.ôrg

grandwormwoodsociety.org

romanwormwoodsociety.org

àrtémisiàâbsinthiümsocietÿ.org

wormywoodysociety.org

mugwortsociety.org

PM for details.

à â ç é è ê ë î ï ô û ù ü ÿ

It's funny, especially in hindsight. Less than 24 hours from his first post to being banned. I wonder if Hiram keeps a record of these things?