jacksonm

Introduction from new member

Hello All,

After strangely waiting for several days and sending a few emails to get my account "approved", I received an email today to that effect. Thanks, Admin :-)

I'd like to introduce myself before making any other posts. I'm just a normal guy. I'm not a snob, connoisseur, distiller, or chemist. Just a guy who likes to drink and am a bit fascinated with the culture surrounding absinthe. I have no concern about thujone, couldn't care about it at all. I live in Finland, where absinthe is sold in the local liquor stores and bars, so I don't have any problem obtaining it. The bars have far more variety than the liquor stores (which are a state monopoly).

I don't own any absinthe drinking paraphernalia, though recently I've been thinking of ordering a few glasses and spoons, maybe a small water fountain.

I design computer networks and services for fun and profit. I love to cook, especially the Italian style of "Cucina Rustica" (country style food, not pizza and pasta), as well as Indian food (the spicier, the better). My most recent hobby is "domaining", that is speculating on generic international domain names (ones which contain more than the characters a-z and 1-9). I even have a few absinthe related domains in this category, such as "laféeverte.com" .net .org .info, "féeverte.com" .net .org .info, etc.

Please feel free to ask anything. And please PM me if you like, I'm not shy.

Welcome neighbour! :cheers:

What absinthe brands do they sell in Finland?

In Alko (the state liquor monopoly) I have only seen Pere Kermann's (I wouldn't buy it, though). There is a place in town I like to frequent called "Tuulensuu" (windy mouth), which is a stylish little place where you can basically get the best of all types of alcohol from the world over, decent cigars, and even a duck confit if you like. Now, I like to go there and drink absinthe but they have so many varieties that I'm embarrassed that I can't remember the names of them. Next time I go there, I'll make a note. They also have an entire absinthe menu which has a pretty good written history of absinthe, etc.

If you guys ever visit Finland, PM me in advance and I'll arrange an absinthe evening at the Tuulensuu in Tampere!

http://www.gastropub.net/tuulensuu/

Edited by jacksonm

Thanks to all of you kind people.

Sadly, I haven't a bottle of absinthe at the moment, so I'm drinking the next best poison: Gin and Tonic. Luckily, I still have a bit of the Tanqueray left :-) After it's gone, I'll have to drop down to the Bombay...

I'm not actually from Finland, but I have lived here for more than 7 years now.

Finns like to drink and drink hard. I'm still trying to adapt :-)

Welcome to the forum! :cheers:

So how's the snake oil business treating you? :devil:

Sir, I come in peace. I object to your comments in both this thread as well as my sales thread.

Here's hoping we can have a mutual respect for one another instead of starting off with slanderous comments.