Sign in to follow this  
Marek

Wow...Thanks to Everyone!

Hey All...I know I've already introduced myself...but I just had to say thanks to all! I've never felt more welcome in a group before! I'm friggin' excited about being here and just hope I can find more time to log on...

To T73...I'm not sure what my first absinthe was...just that it was a blanche...sorry for the total disappointment!

To Brooks...alas, I have a while yet to go in school. Constant distruptions in my education has put me into what is seemingly the "ten to twelve year plan" as a close friend of mine puts it. Grr...but not matter, at least I'm having fun with my life, eh?

Its Marek...like MARE-ick. Damn pollock parents...hehe.

And...damn, I can't remember who last posted...but yes...so many similarities...either you are my twin or you are stalking me. Creepy...Luscious Oily Lesbians!...only kidding.

Anywho...thanks all again for such a warm welcome!

-Marek

I'm not sure what my first absinthe was...just that it was a blanche...sorry for the total disappointment!

Not a total disappointment. I remember my first absinthe because it was so terribly, terribly bad. I didn't know any better. What have you had lately is probably a better question anyway.

Sadly...nothing in the past few months...ya know the story...completely broke college kid...barely enough gas in the 'ol car to get to school...but I'm waiting for my next paycheck...then I was thinking that I was gonna buy a bottle...don't really know what I want though. It would be the first time I've actually bought my own...any advice?

I'm surrounded by those starving college kids. ;)

Best bang for the buck is probably Lucid...the first legal absinthe sold in 'Merica in 90+ years. $59.95 which includes shipping from DrinkupNY. It's not the best but it's pretty good especially for a beginning Absintheur. :cheers: I like a glass just fine.

Missed the opportunity to say "Welcome", so here it is...

Bohemia? Consider peeking at the WS City Roll Call thread. Then take a gander at the WS presence on Frappr. (You can jump to these threads/sites by just "clicking" on the underlined text).

As for suggestions, consider one of the Eichelbergers (Limitée 68 or the 70 Verte). The short list of commendable absinthe is actually not so short. And there are lots of opinions on where to start.

post-97-1189226421.jpg

Thanks much...I'm pretty excited about finally setting up shop, so to speak. But anywho...off to bed for now. Have a great night! Thanks again!

Its Marek...like MARE-ick. Damn pollock parents...hehe.

Could've been worse...you could have been a Zbigniew :twitchsmile:

Anyway, belated welcome!