Sign in to follow this  
Gwydion Stone

Conju Drinks Hill's

As I write this, Conju is in a Yellow Cab on his way back to his parents' hotel room after spending a quiet, pleasant evening together sampling some new and old absinthes.

As it turns out, Conju had never had Hill's before.

"If you're going to do it, you have to do it all the way" says I. I'm a bad, bad man.

Conju does Czech with Hill's.

He actually managed two drinks of it before it got sinked.

IMG_9828.jpg

Nevermind.

I'm looking for a new audience...

As I write this, Conju is in a Yellow Cab on his way back to his parents' hotel room...

He actually managed two drinks of it before he got stinkey.

It gives him secondaries, then?

Ha! That's awesome!

It would have been a better flame, but Hiram took a while with the camera.

As for the two sips, Hiram convinced me to take the second one.

I'd like to thank you again for putting up with me for 3 hours and giving generously of the limited quantities that you had. So thank you.

On another note: I tried the Logan Fils La Bleue last night, and must admit I had the Logan pegged wrong (sortof). What I remember is the Logan fils tasting like diesel fuel, but after having a glass of if last night, I realized that it is actually interestingly close to a butty or some of the other La Bleues I have tried (granted it's not as good as some of the others, it's still pretty decent). It still doesn't change my opinion of petr. He's still a shyster, and doesn't deserve most of the orders he gets, be it for fountains, liquor or both. But he can make a decent absinthe, authentic, like he claims, but shouldn't sell it for $250.

I started with the Jades and have incorporated the B and Vdfs thanks to advice from the WS. THis is good in that I have not had to suffer through the bad stuff to get to the good.

On the other hand, I have no idea what Hill's and co taste like. I am curious and would never waste money but if I saw a bottle at a friend's house I would try it.

BTW, I saw Alfie last night. In the movie Susan Sarandon, has some Absinthe from Prague that some guy smuggled back in mouth wash bottles, she burned it and then used water. They acted like it burned bad whiskey when they drank it. Think what these movie's are doing to unknowing people.

They deserve to pay exorbitant prices for mediocre-to-bad absinthe because they were lied to?  How were they supposed to know any better?

It's called performing a Google search on the word absinthe.

When that is done, the first two entries to come up are, first,an article about absinthe and New Orleans, which provides a link to the La Fee Verte Forum, and second, The La Fee Verte Forum.

From there, the Absinthe Buyer's Guide is easily accessible, and it certainly doesn't recommend Petr, or his overpriced swill.

Anyone who reads Petr's unsubstantiated claims, versus LDF's descriptions of the Jades, for example, and decides to purchase Logan Filth, gets exactly what he or she deserves.

There is something to the phrase "buyer beware", but beyond that, there is ample opportunity afforded to make the better choice, when selecting an absinthe.

Unless Alfie was your introduction to Absinthe and you did your Google without the e.

Ignorance may be bliss, but that shouldn't mean the ignorant deserve overpriced, bad absinth.

No one deserves to be intentionally defrauded.

Yes, life sometimes teaches us that there are unscrupulous scoundrels who will take advantage of us, but that fact does not excuse the scoundrels.

That's like letting a mugger off the hook because his victim should have known the streets were dangerous at night.

BTW, I saw Alfie last night.  In the movie Susan Sarandon, has some Absinthe from Prague that some guy smuggled back in mouth wash bottles, she burned it and then used water.  They acted like it burned bad whiskey when they drank it.  Think what these movie's are doing to unknowing people.

"The golden statute of Buddha prominently displayed in the living area is indicative of Liz's eclectic spiritual background and her worldliness," Becher points out. "Her taste is also reflected in the exquisite floral arrangements, particularly the green orchids tied to Japanese twisted bamboo. Even the absinthe glassware that Liz uses during one of her most sensual experiences with Alfie is a beautiful antique. In fact, it was very important to Charles that Liz's character truly live up to her expensive tastes, so he even had an absinthe expert on the set for a couple of days to advise the actors on the ritual of drinking the taboo liquor."