Sign in to follow this  
Anubis

Hello

Hello,

My name is Robert and I am fairly new to the absinthe scene, only recently finding out it is now available in Ontario liquor stores when I saw a bottle of Hill's for sale in one. After doing some research (on this website, as well as La Fee Verte), , I found out that Czech absinthe is widely regarded as inferior to the French and Swiss varieties. Shortly thereafter, I discovered that Pernod 68 was also available in Ontario, and while not regarded as high-quality, it is far superior to Hill's. I purchased a bottle out of curiosity, and found I really enjoy it. To date, I have only tried Pernod 68 and La Fee Parisian (the latter of which I am enjoying as I write this), but I hope to try some other varieties soon.

Anyways, I thought I'd introduce myself and hopefully be able to expand both my knowledge and experiences with absinthe. lurking on these boards has taught me a lot already, and I am sure I will learn a lot more. :cheers:

Regards,

Robert C. Hedley

Hi Robert..welcome

i'm also a new face on this forum and new to the absinthe scene. i'm still trying to use up (I wont say enjoy) my first bottle of absinthe...strong68(purchased before reading the info on this forum). it's certainly an informative and entertaining group of people here. again...welcome!!!

Hi. :cheers:

I found out that Czech absinthe is widely regarded as inferior to the French and Swiss varieties.

Not inferior so much as not even absinthe at all by definition.

Hello! :cheers:

Out of curiosity, what absinthe's are available in Canada? I've noticed that not many vendors ship to Canada, and was wondering if local sellers at least offered a decent selection, if much of a selection at all.

Thanks for all the welcomes.

To answer Fixedspiral, we can get Pernod 68 and Hills in local LCBO outlets. We have a national supplier for La Fee, but they are in Hailifax, NS. They do ship across Canada, though. I have ordered from them twice already without hassle.

I have found two online suppliers that are well known to this site that still ship to Canada, but they told me there is a chance the bottle could be confiscated by Customs. I am not sure yet if I want to chance that, especially when I was told that the LCBO is going to start to allow other European absinthes into their stores sometime in the near future. Hopefully, I'll be able to sample some Jade products soon! :)

Edited by Anubis

I was told that the LCBO is going to start to allow other European absinthes into their stores sometime in the near future. Hopefully, I'll be able to sample some Jade products soon! :)

There are several WS friends in Canada that would welcome that news. Here's hoping! :cheers: