Glaucus

The Muse Revealed

Thank you one and all. The kind ones for your kindness and the others for your skills.

This thread is doing exactly what I had in mind for it to do. I'll write more later but my days are filled with many activities. But thanks again!

Namaste

Glaucus

We tried to be kind and you were insulting. We offered kindness and you were rude.

This thread is doing exactly what I had in mind for it to do.

If you meant to entertain us at your expense, you've been successful but I question your reasoning: Why wear a "Kick Me" sign on your back?

If you think you've probed us into thought, you couldn't be more mistaken. We as a collective group were already there.

If you think you've endeared us to you, you're not very perceptive.

If you meant to become a bad example of forum behavior, you've succeeded but it wasn't a lesson we needed from you.

Now, let us see if you can redeem yourself from your unsocial behavior. Give us a reason why you shouldn't be shown the door. Your entertainment value has waned and you have grown tedious.

Nice try, but I'm not buying it.

As has been pointed out, you just realized you're out of your league. I recommend you go elsewhere.

We tried to be kind and you were insulting. We offered kindness and you were rude.

Hey T73, I really hope one day I get the chance to sit down and drip one with you. As well as with many others from the WS. As for this thread I'm thinking it's ready for either the cornfield or the Lurkers section.

Hey T73, I really hope one day I get the chance to sit down and drip one with you.

I've yet to meet a WS member I didn't like. I'll look forward to that drink, too. :cheers:

Oh no, here it comes.

We have all been pawns in an expository based behavioral experiment, and have performed brilliantly under the watchful eye (and verbal prompts) of that puppetmaster par excellence, Glaucous the Great! :b-day:

:drunk: Just when you think hes out, he's gonna pull us right back in!

LULZ!!! :pirate: :laf:

I love you people.

Nah. He's not a troll, just an arrogant dufus. Our boy here really thought we would ooh and ahh over his startling revelation. It fits his writing style elsewhere.

Hopefully he'll settle down and read for a while and snack on some humble pie. Then I'm sure we'll all get along just fine.

:laf:

Since we don't get very many Czechsinthe toting, flame-the-sugar-cube-it's-the-authentic-way here, I've expanded my definition of troll to include such know-it-alls who join just to stir things up.

I'm willing to be proven wrong, but so far Glaucus' responses don't indicate to me that he's going to change. Better to stay at those forums where people think he knows stuff. I could be wrong, so....

Have a really great day Glaucus! And welcome to the forum. :wave2:

I say mostly because many of us think you give thujone too much credit for absinthe's effects, as the actual science--meaning beyond your overly simplistic GABA stimulant/ prohibitor description

Thujone (antagonist): 10-35 ppm, a titrage presumed to have no measurable effect (from more recent studies than the quoted one).

Alcohol (agonist): (approximately) 600000 ppm, a titrage "presumed" to have quite some psychoactive effects.

;).

35 mg/l is still an EU's invention, according to Belal Naser, Cornelia Bodinet, Martin Tegtmeier, and Ulrike Lindequist "up to a single daily dose of 75 mg/l is reported to be safe in humans".

With alcohol, the deadly dose would be in the range 5-15 pro milles.

"up to a single daily dose of 75 mg/l is reported to be safe in humans".

I bet the safe limit is higher than that even. And also consider research that ethanol counteracts the effects (at least the danger) of thujone in rats.

Exactly, talking lowest and highest has nothing to do with reality. Hopefully, UE will learn it someday.

Absinthist, Peridot, and Sixela: Thank you for deepening the discussion at hand. I felt a thread that addressed this issue specifically was required on the foremost authoritative web site on the subject of absinthe. Others may come here and view this thread and hopefully spread that knowledge gained to their friends off-net. I feel it will do a lot of good.

All others: I have formally requested to be removed from membership of the site, which I hope will be done soon. Thank you all for participating in the discussion.

Namaste

Glaucus

Or people could just read the damn FAQ and then hit the Science section of the forum and main site, and the links for details.

I really hate it when people try to cover their tracks when they get schooled. Either you were never going to be a useful member here to begin with (in which case, good riddance) or you are bowing out in embarassment, which I would urge you not to do. Just say "I was an presumptuous ass. Sorry. Let me start over," because this place is a wealth of information that you could use to update your info for next time you go out debunking. And there's cool people, too.

edit for some added clarity