psi3000

Just got my first bottle of Lucid

Hey guys,

I just got my first bottle of Lucid Absinthe. I served it with the sugar on the spoon with the water pored onto it till it became milky white. I think this is called "neat?" Anyway it is awesome!! I'm going to have one more glass. I had to call up the liquor store and put one on hold for myself before the shipment came in today. They were supposed to get a whole case, 6 of them, but they short-shipped them only 3 bottles. When I got there the lady said the other two were also spoken for! And they had just come in an hour before that! Next time I guess I will have to order two, as it is an hours drive for me. Truly spectacular stuff. :arrr:

Tricky

I, too, am new here and have heard of this drink. So far the reviews sound encouraging.

Your thumbnail is very small. Can you upload a larger one? From what I see, the package looks worth keeping. Is the box a LE or does it only come with large orders? BTW, was that an online order? I can't wait to order mine. Unfortunately, I will have to wait for the next quarter--our family budget only allows orders quarterly. Y'know, it's a wife thang!

That's why it's important to keep your partner involved in your hobbies. Maggie is always delighted to get another bottle of Clandestine!

I have a bottle of Lucid on my bar right now. ;)

The box was what the case of six came in. The lady at the store offered it to me, I instantly said yes. As for your other questions, i froget, im on my fourth drink of lucid. Ill pm you later. :)

OK i looked at your other two questions. No it was not an online order i live one hour away from the nearest seller. And the box is not a limited addition thing it was the box the actually case of six came in. As for the larger thumbnail, what cant you see its a bottle of Lucid with the case box it came in, what do you want to see? Go on their website, the only thing you cant see is their speal on the back of the bottle of it being made from Grade wormwood. I think I am going to order a 6 pack of the A.a. from the mountain place on Monday as i cant seem to find any around here even on the old horse fields or train tracks.

peace out

tricky

Edited by psi3000

So, Tricky....

Next time try it without sugar. Or try half a cube. Play with the water-to-absinthe ratio. Little tweaks can make a big diff.

Glad you like it! :cheers: At some point, you'll want to try some of The Big Boys.

I, too, added sugar to my first taste of Lucid and although I sugar all other absinthes, I would not do that again. Too sweet.

Hey guys,

I served it with the sugar on the spoon with the water pored onto it till it became milky white. I think this is called "neat?"

Actually, no. Adding the water is called "louching" the absinthe, and when you've finished adding the water, and the drink is whitish, it has been louched, or you can say it is louched. (pronounced looshed)

Neat refers to drinking it straight, without adding water.

I'm having a problem deciding...

https://www.shoppersvineyard.com/ has Lucid for $51.99, but I have to create an account to find out how much they charge for shipping (if they do).

http://www.drinkupny.com/ has it for $59.99 but there's a free shipping option.

Other NY/NJ sites charged ~$14 for shipping, or you have to create a login first, and I hate having to create logins to sites that I might not ever use again to find out additional information. I'll probably go with drinkupny.com. pfft

I've used drinkupny for other things besides Lucid. The free shipping works well for me. The trick is, don't run out of liquor before you order. They ship fast and reply to emails very well. A helpful bunch.

:cheers:

https://www.shoppersvineyard.com/ has Lucid for $51.99, but I have to create an account to find out how much they charge for shipping (if they do).

Other NY/NJ sites charged ~$14 for shipping, or you have to create a login first, and I hate having to create logins to sites that I might not ever use again to find out additional information. I'll probably go with drinkupny.com. pfft

http://www.shoppersvineyard.com/shipping.a...HARGESINDOLLARS B)

Neat refers to drinking it straight, without adding water.
We should mention that when they're not setting fire to sugar cubes, the Frat Pack sometimes drink their absinthe neat.

Dumb for a host of reasons, not the least of which is the fact that absinthe's complexity only reveals itself after water is added. Dilution allows the flavors to bloom.

I am having a quiet weekend.

I ordered more Lucid from drinkupny last Tuesday. It shipped on Wednesday and USP is sitting in the shipment until Tuesday. (so much for 3 day delivery)

I am an unhappy (and sober) camper.

(guess its a champagne night for me)

oh.. my bad.. been shipping out eBay items..

I guess I started to hit USPS oops.. I meant to type "UPS" (not the ones that keep your computer running in blackouts)

I'll make sure that I wash the bottle well before opening ;)

The champagne is a nice Spanish Cava.. quite right for a summer evening. I am blessed to have a very nice wine shop a half block from home.

http://www.shoppersvineyard.com/shipping.a...HARGESINDOLLARS B)

Thanks F. That links says this:

Shopper’s Vineyard only ships within the contiguous continental United States. Shopper’s Vineyard does not ship to the states of: Alaska, Hawaii, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Tennessee, or Utah. Nor, do we ship to Puerto Rico, or other countries.

However, Virginia is blacked out with Maryland. I'm too lazy to call them to see if they horked up their info, so I went with drinkupny. B)

You can always call Park Avenue Liquors in Manhattan. I don't know what their current rates are, but they sent me my case of Lucid, then also in a separate transaction, some more St. Germain. Always have been very good, and quite quick with shipping.

It's worth a call.

Your case of Lucid?

Shabbz, you've stockpiled enough booze to get you through an apocalypse and the next ice age. Where will the baby sleep? Does the booze have its

own wing? :blink:

I'm sure it doesn't compare to Shabba's Wing but when you visit Montana, I think you'll be quite comfortable sleeping among the cases in the basement, Brooks. Certainly, you'll never want for a drink. :cheers:

Ooooo, I'm not bragging. I'm just obsessive. I'm a sick man. You would not believe the snowboard collection!

A few weeks ago I came home to find a red substance all over our laundry area. After I determined it wasn't blood and all of my boys were okay I began to look for the source. Dark red in color. Sweet smell of blackberries. Could it be double blackberry pyment? But isn't that stored in the upstairs closet? Searching. A gallon jug of double blackberry pyment had exploded. Thankfully it was in a contained space and did not trigger a chain reaction. That would have resulted in a very sad anniversary party for some friends. T73 did have a pretty big mess to clean up.

Yes, you boys and your closets. :dev-cheers:

Maggie, you husband has kindly invited me to Montana to sleep "among the cases in the basement."

I bring this up because I'm a light sleeper. I know that once those bottles start detonating, I'll be wide awake all night. Blame it on my irrational fear of flying glass shards.

Not to sound ungrateful, but is there a motel nearby?

Okay, I'll bite. What do you keep in the basement?

I don't know why cities get such a bum rap. The real nut-jobs live "out there."

Out there......where no one can hear you scream.