Derrick

Mansinthe In Stock at LDF

LDF now has the new Mansinthe in stock (2 days earlier than previously announced). They also have the Duplais 100cl back in stock! I've placed my order! I also could not help but to order a couple of their exclusive Grand Pontarlier crystal glasses. :cheers:

Yes, I'll be getting that on my next order when the 1797 and Un Emile Rouge is back in stock. It is one of the best spoon designs I have seen in a long time.

post-142-1188504514.jpg

Nice glass, Derrick!

I'm confused about something (this, from the LdF site):

"This is a fantastic absinthe-tasting and collectible glass: an original 'Pontarlier' type glass, hand-blown in crystal using the original, recently rediscovered 19th century

mould (sic)."

post-143-1188510673.jpg...And here's the mold.

Can a molded glass, by definition, also be hand-blown? I know zip about glassmaking, so I'm just asking.

Well, the mould stops at the reservoir. Once the top of the glass is created, the glass blower still has to create a stem and a foot for it, and attach them, while keeping everything molten.

I think that's stretching the definition of "hand blown."
It's not.

People have been mold-blowing for 2000 years. It still takes a lot of individual skill and it's still "hand blown" by a very sweaty artisan, one piece at a time. It's just that the mold makes it possible to achieve uniformity more easily.

"wireless cable" = oxymoron

"hand-blown" = double entendre

Or something like that. Sort of like...Mansinthe. What a name for a product. I won't order any just because of the name.

Put my order in last night, along with the big bottle of Duplais Verte, Amer, and Jade Absinthe Edouard.

Not that anyone gives a funk, but I'm trying the Edouard because of the new WS top 10 section.

I give a funk, Tayker. I actually give a walking, talking, flying funk. :cheers:

Whether or not you love the Edouard, I know you'll at least like it. It's still my favorite.

And not that anyone gives a funk, but I recently discovered that I prefer the Duplais Balance to the Duplais Vert.

I go back and forth between the two Duplais, grammar Nazis help me out here, what is the correct plural of Duplais, would it be Duplai?

But anyway every time I have a couple glasses of the Balance I'll begin to prefer it, until I switch back to the regular verte then I'll convince myself I like it more. I suppose it's a good problem to have.

Probably just duplais still.

Anyway, I put my order in for Mansinthe (despite the name) Wednesday night. It was processed and dispatched on Thursday...it arrived this afternoon.

Now that's quick.

Now if only they'd get batch 2 of the 1797 in stock. I've been wanting to re-up for awhile now but I'm waiting for it so I can nab all my bottles at 1 time and save on shipping. The time line I was given was end of August... and it is literally the end of August right now. Is there anyone out there with privileged information regarding when it will be available?

I am about to place another order myself and I am considering the Mansinthe. Can someone who has tasted it offer a critique?

I tried the prototype 35, and although I can't be much more descriptive as the entire event is a wee bit hazy, I vaguely remember it having a weird, almost fishy, funkiness in the scent neat, kinda how people were describing Lucid. As I recall, it thinned out once louched, and while nothing flip out about, it was a decent absinthe. I'm considering getting a bottle of it, along with a few others from LdF.

I'm trying the Edouard because of the new WS top 10 section.

I think it definitely deserves to be in the top 10. However, until more people start posting reviews, we won't have accurate stats. So far, it's pretty much been myself and Peridot, so there's not a whole lot of divergence in tastes reflected yet.

Can someone who has tasted it offer a critique?

Check out my WS review here.

and my FV review here.

I wanted to submit a new item for review (Helfrich), but when I try to I get an hour glass and the circle on the screen just keeps going round & round, ect... Doesn't seem to be working right.