Sign in to follow this  
Zzz

Water

This topic has been considered many time before, but my own 2¢...

Since the producers of tap water in my own 'burg often chlorinate the crap out of the local river water (our source), I prefer to use the water run through the filter in my refrigerator (removes the parasites and carbon filters the chlorine out of it). Otherwise, I'm not much on buying bottled water, but my kids like it better than the tap or the water out of the 'frig...

(Before anyone accuses me of allowing my kids to consume absinthe, I mean they like the bottled water for direct consumption at summer camp, after soccer practice, etc...)

Now ice is a different story. My freezer is tiny and filled with fish right now so I get water frozen locally by a gas station with a reverse osmosis filtering process. :thumbup:

You just had to up the bar, didn't you? :devil:

Absinthe + sparkling water = :puke:

:cheers:

SO , tonight I sacrificed a glass of François Guy, the cheapest absinthe I have, to sparkling water.

I used Apollinaris Naturally Sparkling Mineral Water.

It was neat seeing bubbles forming on the glass.

I actually think it is pretty good. The carbonation tickles your tongue. It is pretty wierd at first, being so used to un-sparkling water.

I think that with sugar, this would be a pretty refreshing, desert-like idea.....

I would not waste an expensive glass on this though.

Point being, it is not BAD. I find it rather enjoyable.

There is an old thread/discussion on this topic around here already. I don't mean to sound crochity but I feel like I have been seeing a lot of repeat threads lately. I think that makes it difficult for new people to find information since a lot of us old timers are going to be reluctant to chime in again on the same topics.

True. I don't think the search function is being used all that much anymore.

Whenever possible, I've tried to post a link to previous threads that discuss the same topics. Let's all try to do the same. :cheers:

It would be a total pain in the ass, but maybe it's possible to merge old and new threads to keep it flowing. Hiram, care for some added workload??? :harhar:

Here's a couple I've found in a search, just using 'water' in the search box, and searching titles of threads only.

Water?

Water and taste