Sign in to follow this  
Trid

Wrong order as always :)

Greetings, and welcome to my own awkward introduction.

I feel like I'm being a tad redundant by saying "I'm Trid" considering it's displayed quite prominently next to my post :) Using that as a nick for so long, I think more people know me as "Trid" in person than my given name, and I'm ok with that. Anyhow, I'm in the sort of "not really new anymore" to absinthe, but by no means a broadly experienced absintheur, either. I've read quite thoroughly Oxygenee and Fee Verte (and re-read now and again) and have a solid academic familiarity with the lore, the myth, and the truth of "the green stuff." I just need to broaden my tasting repertoire now. I'm fascinated with the inner workings of all things, so the history and methods of its creation was always appealing. Nearly a decade ago, when I knew virtually nothing about it save that wormwood had something to do with it, I embarked upon the ignorant beginner's attempt at macerating wormwood in vodka. Good thing I never made it past the point of actually obtaining the wormwood or I would likely never have come back.

I've been fortunate that some of my firsts were among the Jade line. I've also tasted a couple Swiss varieties, although I forget which except for the red Kalnacher (how would you forget that?). I've also sampled a few examples of HG (see, I read the required reading) with varying degrees of quality (from OK to "get me to the ER, NOW"...well, almost)

So then, given that this isn't my first post (hence the subject line), this is me in all my out-of-order-ness, and I promise not to look like a fool...er, too early, at least :)

Cheers,

Trid

Hi Trid :cheers:

That Kallnacher Red isn't what you'd call absinthe, but I've gone through three litres of it serving it as a mixer in other drinks. People like it. Hell, it even tastes good in Coke.

Welcome! :cheers:

I haven't met many Trids. Is it true what they say about kicks?

I embarked upon the ignorant beginner's attempt at macerating wormwood in vodka.
You're in very good company. ;)

Hidy, Trid. Great nickname! :cheers:

Agreed, but if you were hoping to get kickxed around here, you've come to wrong forum.

We're all warm and fuzzy here, so, welcome! :cheers:

Welcome. Here's a clink for lurking no more.

:cheers:

With all the raised glasses in this thread, I'm surprised there isn't any spillage.

I haven't met many Trids. Is it true what they say about kicks?

Indeed :)

Thank you (and others) for getting it...that's actually the origin of the nick. It actually dates back to the days when I was frequently on IRC and in search of a nick that wasn't already taken. I told the joke to somebody the night before, and after trying a bazillion times to log in with various choices (all taken) I typed "Trid" out of frustration, it took, and the rest is history.

Silly Rabbi...

With all the raised glasses in this thread, I'm surprised there isn't any spillage.

...the day is young

;)

Welcome Trid! :cheers:

That Kallnacher Red isn't what you'd call absinthe, but I've gone through three litres of it serving it as a mixer in other drinks. People like it. Hell, it even tastes good in Coke.

I believe I am the only person on the planet that doesn't like Kallnacher Red. I also don't like Coke. :)

Where is home Trid?

Ooops...profile amended :)

Southern California

I'm bummed that I'm a week too late for the nifty SoCal get together...perhaps next time.

Don't worry, Trid. Us SoCal folks have been having so much fun, we have decided to have this be a fairly regular thing. We will be (in theory) alternating between the more Northern and Southern locations. Not sure where the next one will be yet - but we should be getting together soon.

Don't worry, Trid. Us SoCal folks have been having so much fun, we have decided to have this be a fairly regular thing. We will be (in theory) alternating between the more Northern and Southern locations. Not sure where the next one will be yet - but we should be getting together soon.

Rar!

:yahoo: