Sign in to follow this  
Fever

Hello

Hello,

I'd like to say hi. This being my first post I am obviously new, yet I have been digesting this message board and the accompanying front page reviews for quite some time now. I have not tasted absinthe, but thought I had with czechsinthe (hills, green tree (red & green). Currently inventing a motor that uses it as fuel. Joking, everyone knows it eats through metal.

Some little bits about myself:

I live in Courtenay, BC (for about a week now. I am originally from the east coast <NB> and decided to find new pastures, greener I hope)

My favorite color as a child was green.

I don't have a favorite color anymore, but I tend to use blue and green the most when I paint.

My favorite music is Xiu Xiu, Joanna Newsom, Godspeed You Black Emperor! and Burzum

I am glad to finally be a member here. From what I know of you all, you seem like good people. Or at least type as.

See you in some threads :)

My favorite music is Xiu Xiu, Joanna Newsom...

Sweet! I had a girlfriend that loved (and introduced me to) both; they're cool.

I am glad to finally be a member here. From what I know of you all, you seem like good people. Or at least type as.

That's exactly what they want you to think... :devil:

Cheers and welcome! :cheers:

I booked a couple of shows for Xiu Xiu a few years ago when I was involved in the music industry more than I am now.

And hello! :cheers:

(I also like GYBE)

Welcome Fever! :cheers: I figured someone would get the Last Man on Earth quote from the other thread, but not as soon! Godspeed You Black Emperor is pretty good, have you heard Explosions in the Sky, Tone, or Russian Circles? They're all quite nice.

Thanks :) If it has zombies of any kind in it, even "zombie vampires", I'm there.

Tone and Russian Circles I've not heard of but am a big fan of Explosions in the Sky. Mogwai is another band that fits well also.

edit: quote by accident

Edited by Fever

Tone's been around for a while, I don't know if they're still making albums. Russian Circles just got started, and must have been noticed by somebody, all of a sudden they're touring with Tool. Personally I'd go for the opening act. They've got some good performances on Youtube. "Death Rides a Horse" is my favorite, but others are good too. I was discussing zombies with some friends last week, we were trying to remember the movie with the zombie biting the shark underwater. I think it was either Zombie or Zombie Holocaust. Know which one it is? I don't really feel like doing a zombie movie marathon to find it.

Welcome Fever! I had a friend who lived there for a while-she really loved a beach near there that started with a Q.

Tone's been around for a while, I don't know if they're still making albums. Russian Circles just got started, and must have been noticed by somebody, all of a sudden they're touring with Tool. Personally I'd go for the opening act. They've got some good performances on Youtube. "Death Rides a Horse" is my favorite, but others are good too. I was discussing zombies with some friends last week, we were trying to remember the movie with the zombie biting the shark underwater. I think it was either Zombie or Zombie Holocaust. Know which one it is? I don't really feel like doing a zombie movie marathon to find it.

Lucio Fulci's Zombie.

The eye scene is intense.

Yeah, the actress was kind of an eyeful. It reminds me of the shirt from Shaun of the Dead, "I got wood".