TheSixthRing

What's your favorite Beer Brewing Company?

...Imperial Stout would go to either The Abyss on tap, or Ivan the Terrible in the bottle...

I have a case of Ivan the Terrible (2009 edition) set aside for the Rocky Mountain Green Hour. It has been a test of will not to break into that cache! On the July 23rd, all bets are off!

Yes cellaring is quite hard. Theres a few bottles of Chimay in my basement, one is 5 years old. There are also a few bottles of Old Rasputin down there that are a few years old...

I've got a bottle of Mcauslans's Russian Imperial Stout in my mom's cellar. I purchased two and drank one of them right away... Damn good stuff. Mcauslan's happens to be my favorite brewery as well being just 10 min walk from my house. Their raspberry ale is available again this year but only on their terrace so I think I'll be walking down there a few times this week.

Fat chance, Uncle Fred. :laugh:

Oops, that's another one of HoD's beers that I don't happen to have lying around either. :twitchsmile:

haha. I have a magnum of Fred from 1999 .. can't wait to break that guy open :)

Ya, the Dave go for over $1000. It's insane.

I have a magnum of Fred from 1999 .. can't wait to break that guy open :)

I sincerely hope you haven't already waited a bit too long. :cheers:

I've asked around and even asked Alan from HotD .. and he says it's still doing fantastic! I've only had it since December, not since 1999 .. hell, I'm only 24 :P Bottleworks has a couple, all of which have been properly cellared, for $50.

Yeah, the Matts have really been unearthing some cellared classics, lately, but when the price of the '96 Stille Nacht Reserve (one of my favorites, ever) sored from from $10 to $35 (for an 11.3 ounce bottle), I just couldn't justify their supply/demand curve price gouging, and I demurred.

But, hey, if they can fetch those prices, more power to 'em, I suppose. After all, nobody else seems to have had the foresight to put away such a variety of aged classics.

Guinness is the tops for me however New Castle, Miller Genuine Draft, High Life, PBR, Bass, and too many others to name really. However I drink any beer that is a quailty product and tastes good not the American Bud Light watered down crap. Sorry no offence to Bud drinkers. Further I stayed in Deutschland for a month and got spoiled by the insane amount of amazing beers there.

On the average my fav is Real Ale Brewing in Blanco, TX. Sissyphus, full moon rye ale, ocktoberfest lager, and many others are quite tasty. I need to re evaluate their coffee porter before passing judgement.

My wife made a nice porter too, before we had kids.

My favorite style is porter, where my fav USA brand is steam, but I once had the best I've tasted at the Tchmond Arms. Regretfully I was too pissed to catch the label.

Indeed. Quite good stuff. My current favorite is a toss up between Cantillon and The Bruery. I'm really getting into sour beers along with my years long infatuation with imperials, so damned if I'm happy with both.

That would be my third pick of the Unibroues, and on any given day, it might be number one.

My current favorite is a toss up between Cantillon and The Bruery.

Thrown in Russian River, and you have my top three American breweries.

As much as I love my Imperial Stouts, nothing stirs my beer palate like a beautifully crafted fruity, barnyard-funky Brett. :dribble:

nothing stirs my beer palate like a beautifully crafted fruity, barnyard-funky Brett. :dribble:

I love brett in my beer and wine. :heart: Pile on the poop!

I just learned that my birthday gift is a shipment of 4 different domestic and foreign craft brews (12 bottles total each month) for 6 months. This should certainly help me figure out which is my favorite once and for all. :thumbup:

Allagash Brewing Company out of Portland Main brews an excellent ale called Curieux. It's aged in bourbon barrels for eight weeks. Excellent stuff!

I had just read about Sierra Nevada's "Best of Beer Camp" in the latest Mutineer, and was happy to find a 12-pack in time for the holiday weekend...

Unibroue. No question, for me.

http://www.unibroue.com/en/home/

Yes. my favorites too.

Did you try the Christmas one that was only in a set with La Maudite? It had an angel dude on it. It was an extremely crispy affair, my wife loved it. I thought it was very good too.

Man...I need to pick up a bottle or two. Total Wine, here we come!

My favorite brewing company is Great Lakes. I really haven't found anything from them that I dislike with Eliot Ness Amber Lager and Commodore Perry IPA being my favorites.

I am forever indebted to Great Lakes for introducing me to the porter with Emma Fitzgerald. One of my favorites beers ever.

I am also a big fan of Founders and Yards (to toss a local brew in the mix)

I'm keepin this thread goin, if it's the last thing I do!

BEEEEEER RUN.

:pirate:

Huge fan of Brooklyn Brewery. Their basic lager is underrated because it does not stand out. But its a great everyday beer. They also have an excellent brewpub that i frequented in my college days. :thumbup:

Brooklyn Lager certainly stood out when I first tried it in the late 80s.

I thought it was full bodied (for the style), like Sam Adams, but discernibly hoppier.

Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout is my favorite of their lineup, though.