TheSixthRing

What's your favorite Beer Brewing Company?

There are so many I am going to split it up.

Brewpubs: Russian River Brewery (Santa Rosa, CA) and Minneapolis Town Hall

American Breweries: Lost Abbey, Surly and Three Floyd's

Belgian brewery: Cantillon and Drie Fonteinen

Edited by faro

I just got back from a late lunch at Square One Brewery in Lafayette Square STL. I had their Spicy Blonde (ginger and lemongrass), a single malt scotch beer, a barleywine, and about 3 others that my beer-soaked brain cannot recall. Right now I'm drinking my share of a growler of their unfiltered Wiezenbier and I am loving life! :cheers:

(1) me

(2) anything Belgian

(3) Unibroue

(1) Completely understandable.

(2) Oh, c'mon...even Stella Artois? Say it isn't so. :tongue:

It were mighty good. If I recall correctly, the flavor was somewhat mapley, malty, with just a hint of sweetness, and very rich. Here is the link to their website. I'm not sure if they ship growlers, but there's plenty of info there in case you want to contact them.

Oh hey folks, by the by, I was conversing with a friend of mine yesterday who made the claim that there aren't any decent American-made Heffeweisens. I was reasonably sure she was wrong, but since I'm not a big Heffeweisen fan, I didn't know. Anybody able to recommend one I can send to her?

Admittedly, I prefer Weihenstephaner and Franziskaner; but nearby Victory makes an excellent Mad King's Weiss. Live Oak HefeWeizen is highly rated, but they are in Texas. And Allagash makes a great Witbier.

The last string of posts were addressing

the claim that there aren't any decent American-made Heffeweisens.

Because you know we never go off topic here.

I'm a big fan of German wheat beers,

one of my favorite American versions is Sierra Nevada's,

but it's only around in the summer.

I also like mine of course.

The one we make at Watch City is kinda funky, but yummy,

we put orange, tangerine, lemon and lime zest in it.

It's only available at the pub though.

If you ever see Harpoon's UFO,

avoid it.

The wife likes to visit the distributor and bring home something different for me once in a while.

She has a great eye for IPA's and Ales. This time she brought home Bell's Hopslam.

Another winner!

There's a local joint here in Las Cruces that has some decent beers. I especially like their peach wheat. I also thought that a place in SLC, Utah had some good ones. I remember one was called "Polygamy Porter" haha. I only like the small domestic brands (sam adams is halfway decent though) and disappointingly most imported beers are watered down and taste like ass here. (Paulaner original Munich and Sing ha come to mind) In Germany and Thailand those beers are a hell of a lot stronger and better tasting. I do like the Guiness brewed Smithwicks and the Mexican Carta Blanca sold here though. Ok, enough rambling.

Edited by 89five.o

My Brother loved the Wasatch beers (especially the Polygamy Porter) when he was stationed at Salt Lake City, the Brewery even put up a billboard in downtown to aggravate the mormons.

post-26-1204207615_thumb.jpg

Haha, yeah that's it. I picked up that t-shirt while I was there. Pretty good stuff. They had a chocolate beer which was.....well, interesting. Maybe I'll go again when I visit the girlfriend next month.

Just got back from a cheese and beer/wine shop I found while walking around in Williamsburg, VA.. with no intention of buying any beer or knowing it was a beer shop, I walked out with ..

IMG00754.jpg

IMG00755.jpg

Pretty excited to get into it!!

Not too bad for $52. I am by far a beer guy more than anything. At the magazine, my brother is mainly wine, our other guy JJ is all about beer ... and I'm mainly beer, but learning to like everything else in the process.