TheSixthRing

What's your favorite Beer Brewing Company?

Ska Brewery in Durango, CO is my favorite. Pinstripe Red Ale is my old standby. I even took a mixed up 6-pack to Germany to give to nice folks along my travels that doubted the quality of American beer, and I am proud to say that they were all very impressed.

Being from St. Louis, MO, home of the Cardinals and Busch Stadium, of course my favorite beer brewing company just has to be without question or doubt Schlafly. What, you thought I was gonna say AB? ;)

I hadn't noticed the faux dirt on the page before. No clue what they're going for because it's so minor as to appear accidental. My favorite Schlafly beer is their coffee stout. Two of my favorite things in one beverage. What could be better?

Nah, you must know it would be a crime to adulterate the sacrosanct pre-ban in such a heinous manner...well, perhaps one of those antimony chloride travesties would suffice, but that would be a gross insult to the beer, so...

You're cut off, lady! :tongue:

Pffft. I was hoping for a bar brawl.

- Then I was gonna make off with the pre-ban. B)

A sand worm in a t-shirt tops a dachshund in a sweater, I always say.

I see what you meant about something sounding funnier your head now, Shai. :tongue:

We have similar tastes there SixthRing. I love the Rogue Ales too and the Arrogant Bastard Ale. I'm a strong ale type of guy. Anchor Steam also makes a good ale "Liberty Ale". There's a local brewing co. around here called Swashbuckler Brewing Co., they make a golden ale that's superb.

And right down the street is Big Horse's . . .

Nevermind, I'd never find my way anyway. I'm never at Full Sail but too often Three Sheets.

I've only had a few of the beers from Dogfish Head but they are quickly becoming my favorite brewery. They don't distribute to Minnesota but luckily Wisconsin is less than an hour away.

The 90 Minute IPA is just superb. Maybe one of our resident brewers could explain the concept to me. What is the advantage of adding hops continuously for 90 minutes? Whatever they are doing, it works.

At 20%, I can assure you it will be all over you and not the other way around.

Also, try and find their Burton Baton. It's a blend of young and oak aged IPA.

Here ya go hophead. You should give the 120 minute a try. Make sure you're seated.

It's not as obviously bitter as the 90 Minute, however there is a lot of candied citrus in the palate, which is definitely attributable to the continuous hopping throughout the boil, (as well as the massive amount of malt) and the incredible amount of dry hopping...a brewer acquaintance actually told me that he though the beer was poorly named, because he barely tasted a hop in the bottle...I told him that perhaps he needed to consider a new line of work, or at least finding himself a new set of tastebuds. Last I heard, he was brewing somewhere in Colorado, hopefully for Coors. :)

I'm going to have to keep an eye out for the 90 minute.

My usually everyday is either the Stone IPA or the Victory Hop Devil.

Great when thirsty and doing yard work.

When I can talk the wife into it we'll get a case of Chimay Ale.

All very yummy..

I'm really fond of the Olde Shool, as well...not as sweet as some other English, or English style style barleywines I've tasted, and the 15% alcohol is really well hidden, yet delightfully warming.

I love the Deschutes (some of the product line, anyway--Mirror Pond, not so much).

I do too, but for a different reason:

Can't get my hands on a particular seasonal offering named The Abyss!