Photo

What's your favorite Beer Brewing Company?

• Please log in to reply
282 replies to this topic

#271 Julie Legate

Julie Legate

0 jobs. 2 cents

• Advisory Board
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:55 AM

(Almost on topic) We watched How Beer Saved the World last night. Not a ground breaking documentary but definitely good fun in the form of a drinking game. BEEEEEER!
I am the wood nymph.

#272 Larspeart

Larspeart

Advanced 'member'...

• Silver Member
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:57 PM

Unibroue. And it's not even close.

"Here's to the corkscrew - a useful key to unlock the storehouse of wit, the treasury of laughter, the front door of fellowship, and the gate of pleasant folly." - W.E.P. French

We're only immortal
For a limited time.

#273 Larspeart

Larspeart

Advanced 'member'...

• Silver Member
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:01 PM

I will say, however, that the folks at Alaskan are doing some GREAT things. Their Amber is sublime, as is their Winter. For a more 'mass produced' (term used lightly here) beer, the gang up in Juneau are doing good things.

"Here's to the corkscrew - a useful key to unlock the storehouse of wit, the treasury of laughter, the front door of fellowship, and the gate of pleasant folly." - W.E.P. French

We're only immortal
For a limited time.

#274 techdiver

techdiver

Really Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:09 PM

The last Maudite I had was on tap and was as good as ever, Unibroue does have an impressive group. Southern Tier has produced many of my more recent favorites, with Allagash and Ommegang having quite a few as well. I must confess that my list of 400+ beers hasn't changed much lately though.

#275 Absomphe

Absomphe

Krinkles the Clown™

• 18,711 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:59 PM

Unibroue. And it's not even close.

Trois Pistoles is always up there in my top 25, or so.

Yes, I'm Krinkles the Clown on an absinthe a beer bender.

You got a problem with that?

#276 techdiver

techdiver

Really Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:05 AM

Just checked my reviews on BA and you are correct, seems I rated it higher than Maudite. But those were bottled ratings, and the Maudite was so memorable at the time since it was at the NY gathering.

#277 Gabber

Gabber

Newcomer

• Neophyte
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:17 PM

Resurrecting this thread from the dead, but just wanted to say brewdog brewery changed my whole outlook on beer. I love trying new drinks, so I am always buying a a bunch of new random beers, wines, absinthes etc. Came across something called "Hardcore IPA" and "Punk IPA" at the liquor store and typically I hate IPA's but I am all about Hardcore Music and my gf loves Punk, so we had to get them for novelty sake. Despite not liking IPA's this was actually kind of tasty. Looked into the company which has an impressive background based out of scotland by these two creative, and humorous guys who are passionate about beer. They've done stuff like put beer in casks and send them out to sea for 2 months to age in harsh weather conditions, Fermented beer at the bottom of the ocean, froze beer to remove the water over and over to get a higher alcohol content, etc. They currently have the record for the stongest beer in the world at 55% alcohol. I found one called "Paradox Jura" that is a "malt beverage aged in scotch whiskey barrels" It just kind of blew my mind when I had it. It has this very complex taste which I couldn't even describe because it didn't taste like anything I've had before but it was amazingly well balanced. It reminded me of the first time I had PF 1901 so many years ago, where I have had tons of absinthes before but nothing quite like that [at the time] and it had this unique delicious complex flavor, only this time it was with a beer. Anyway, highly recommend picking up a bottle of brewdog if you are lucky enough to find it in a liquor store that carries it.

#278 greytail

greytail

Viridis umbra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,928 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:09 PM

I like most of what Great Divide makes. I enjoy all of Fuller's offerings we get imported here too.
Nos adepto quis nos mereo. Nos mereo quis nos adepto.

#279 Absomphe

Absomphe

Krinkles the Clown™

• 18,711 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:59 PM

What he said.

#280 -TJ-

-TJ-

• Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:00 AM

I haven't had a decent beer in a while, but I usually look for: Rogue, Dogfish Head, Anchor Brewing, Samuel Smith, Long Trail (this is when I really miss VT), and am always open to suggestions on a good brew. Especially a good stout. I also don't mind Leinenkugel, and whatever I can find for good locals.

#281 Absomphe

Absomphe

Krinkles the Clown™

• 18,711 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:07 PM

Great stout = The Abyss, Ivan the Terrible, Ten Fidy, Parabola, Berserker, Speedway, and Founders (any variety), just to name a few.

#282 -TJ-

-TJ-

• Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:14 PM

Thanks, I'll look into those

#283 dillon

dillon

• PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:16 AM

My all time favorite brewery has to be Abby de Scourmont, there are few things I enjoy more than a Chimay Grand Reserve and religious texts.

Edited by dillon, 07 February 2014 - 12:18 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 The Wormwood Society Absinthe Association