The Other Smoke

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31 uglybiker

uglybiker

• PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 10:25 AM

The RJReynolds of this world suck ass. There is a special place in hell for them. :devil:

I look at it this way. If their sutff wasn't crap, you wouldn't appreciate the good stuff near as much :biggrin:

I quit smoking tailor-mades a dozen years ago. Now, whenever I smoke one, I feel like I'm sucking on air!
I get all my rollin' bits from http://www.stuffyourown.com. The American Harvest Menthol is okay, and it comes in one pound bags which last me about a month. I usually buy three bags and several cartons of tubes at a time.

I figure I'm paying about 80 cents a pack. :thumbup:
I am mot suffering from mental illness
Quite the contrary! I'm enjoying every minute!

#32 Poor

Poor

Fancy Boy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 05:12 PM

How do you keep them fresh and moist? I have been tempted by the bags before, but had a couple bad experiences with tins that threw me off.
"Babies belong in this lake, go ahead, throw him in!" said the Baby Eating Monster that lives in the lake.

#33 uglybiker

uglybiker

• PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 05:28 PM

The tobacco comes in resealable bags. I don't have any problem with dryness until I'm almost to the bottom of the bag. Then I just mix it with some fresh out of the next bag.

I usually make only a day's woth of smokes, (it's part of my daily routine when I first get up in the morning) so they don't last long enough to get dry. Oh yeah, and I crimp the ends to keep any tobacco from falling out. It might help keep moisture in.

When I go on vacation, I make up enough for my trip and put them in old tobacco cans. A TOP or Kite 6 oz can will hold about eight packs. I put the cans inside a 'ghetto-humidor' - a ziploc freezer bag with a moistened paper towel in folded up in the bottom.

This has worked well for me, but like everything else, YMMV (your mileage may vary).
I am mot suffering from mental illness
Quite the contrary! I'm enjoying every minute!

#34 Neorebel

Neorebel

• PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 06:28 PM

When I used to smoke cigarettes, the best ones I've ever had were 'Gauloises.' A friend and I had a brief 'roll your own' stint where we mixed bali shag with a little zig zag to even it out.

#35 Gwydion Stone

Gwydion Stone

Propriétaire

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,261 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 09:05 PM

I was just turned on to Three Castles by this page. This golden Virginia is a smooth, fragrant and mild smoke—like cigarettes used to be before Big Tobacco turned them into the nasty, stinky, chemical-laced nicotine-sticks they sell now.

Just a tiny sprinkling of Latakia makes these almost resemble an old pre-1980s Balkan Sobranie. Some nice old Yenidje would seal the deal.

I use a table-top injector to roll mine fresh every evening.

Maker of Marteau Absinthe
Master Distiller, Gnostalgic Spirits Distillery
www.absinthemarteau.com
Confessions of an Absinthiste

#36 Larspeart

Larspeart

Advanced 'member'...

• Silver Member
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 09:52 PM

I heard cigarettes make you Trip Ballz™...

"Here's to the corkscrew - a useful key to unlock the storehouse of wit, the treasury of laughter, the front door of fellowship, and the gate of pleasant folly." - W.E.P. French

We're only immortal
For a limited time.

#37 Gwydion Stone

Gwydion Stone

Propriétaire

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,261 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 09:32 AM

Of course. I only smoke 'em for the effect.

Maker of Marteau Absinthe
Master Distiller, Gnostalgic Spirits Distillery
www.absinthemarteau.com
Confessions of an Absinthiste

#38 ETexas

ETexas

• PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 02:46 PM

Had to quit em couple years ago (COPD). But I still crave one ever so often but have been able to avoid them. Sure did like em tho, don't see how anyone can afford American brands with the tax going up again. I must admit that I am an old dummy cause I have never heard of many of the brands mentioned.

#39 Larspeart

Larspeart

Advanced 'member'...

• Silver Member
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 06:41 PM

Ever consider pipe-smoking? Or is that verbotten as well?

"Here's to the corkscrew - a useful key to unlock the storehouse of wit, the treasury of laughter, the front door of fellowship, and the gate of pleasant folly." - W.E.P. French

We're only immortal
For a limited time.

#40 thetripscaptain

thetripscaptain

• Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 07:08 PM

My favorite rolling papers are the Smoking Blacks (DeLuxe), Raw, and Elements Rice Papers.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Edited by thetripscaptain, 15 March 2009 - 07:15 PM.

Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them. - Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh
Animals are something invented by plants to move seeds around. An extremely yang solution to a peculiar problem which they faced. - Terence McKenna
A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy? - Albert Einstein

#41 ETexas

ETexas

• PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 09:35 PM

Any kind of smoking with COPD is very bad for ya. Funny thing since I quit,my sense of smell and taste has returned after many years. Sure did enjoy those 100's though.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 The Wormwood Society Absinthe Association