Angelique and Aa in Coloration  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I like the bitter drinks as well, but there's just too much in Angelique. It's too bad, because without the macerated A.a., I think it would be a decent absinthe.

The new version of the Angélique has been lightened in A.a., and I like it, very pleasant.

I don't know what is the stock of old and new versions though, so better email Absinthe Suisse before ordering ;)

Even if it didn't have the acrid bitterness in the finish the all around flavour is like toothpaste. Very nice toothpaste, but definitely nothing I'd consider worth the $$$.

I haven't had the Angelique, but I'm rather surprised no one is talking about the angelica. It is supposed to have angelica in it right? Seeds or root? Can you taste or smell it?

Angelica is very prominent on the palate in that extrait.

Hopefully, one day I willl try that absinthe.

And so I have. The lot number is:27.09.2007 C, so it might be the reformulated version, still I like it.

You may be an odd ball but tastes change and it's good you enjoy it. I may have some somewhere. This may be a good day to try the original and check it's progress. I didn't sink it the last time.

There are times I'm not the only bitter thing at the table. :twitchsmile:

I thought I would bump this thread instead of starting my own.

Tried the Angelique this evening.

4:1 ratio slow dripped from a brouilleur (used a marble to slow the drip).

In short....delicious.

Not one thing I could say about it other than that.

If you get the chance....try this one.

Nice rez Mike R. Joe was right about mood, food or circumstance affecting your perception. I did not like L'Italliane at first. I got to try the first batch of Angelique thanks to a very kind soul, though it sounds like I would enjoy the revised final product a little more. I'm all for being original, but the lingering bitterness is just not for me. I've enjoyed it for what it is, & will happily try it again.

but the lingering bitterness is just not for me. I've enjoyed it for what it is, & will happily try it again.

They must have really changed it because with no sugar, at 4:1 I detect no bitterness at all.

I am drinking a glass as I type this in fact.

This is on it's way to becoming a favorite.

It IS a strong one though.

Next time maybe. I think our US importer decided not to provide samples and I declined Brian's subsequent request too. My bad.

Glad that you enjoyed, Mike R. Bottle age and some product tweaking has helped Angélique enormously. I may have one myself in 5 minutes (well it is 4:55 pm here).

I really like the 68% one got through Sensatonics.de, having had a few glasses from the bottle, a very pleasing colour, wonderful louche and a great taste and aroma, some of the aromas similar to the Capricieuse, this is the third Swiss one I've tried and I'm impressed.

Edited by Bodhran_Thumper

Tried this one for first time with friend who also has had lots of absinthes. We liked it but we swear there was some kind of dryness to it after drinking bout half the glass, leaves one with cottonmouth or least very dry sensation in the mouth. So that part of it was unpleasant but everything else about it seemed fine. Maybe it's related to being bitter but I didn't find it crazy bitter per se but dry dry dry.