#31 Boggy

Boggy

Delusions of Competence

• Canned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 11:51 PM

Or waer™. :)
Surviving the attacks of mentally-deficient creatures of the dark and carrying on (since 1999).

[Ironically, 1999 is the year the Dunning-Kruger effect was first advanced. - Admin]=

#32 verlock

verlock

• Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 07:25 PM

My mistake it is 66.6 % ;)

#33 metodd1

metodd1

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 08:00 PM

70 euro shipping...

whaaaa???

wow. :angry:
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It stands at the cradle of true art and true science. He to whom this feeling is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead, and his eyes are dimmed. -AE

#34 peridot

peridot

Floccinaucinihilipilificator Extraordinaire

• Content Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 09:21 PM

I still don't get the 70 euro shipping claim unless you're getting multiple products. It should be more like 50 to 55 (which is still way up there).

Throng of Shoggoths: Lovecraftian Sludge

Pudwich: 90's style hard rock

My stupid facebutt page.

#35 Joe Legate

Joe Legate

2 jobs. 0 sense.

• Advisory Board
  • 17,154 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 03:29 AM

I'm only speculating, I think Marcus must use courier shipping only, now. More expensive than the risky postal service option.

#36 Brian Robinson

Brian Robinson

Shabba

• Advisory Board
  • 12,907 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 04:15 AM

I still don't get the 70 euro shipping claim unless you're getting multiple products. It should be more like 50 to 55 (which is still way up there).

I responded to your question on FV. Sorry, thought I did it here!

Was 70 for me, but my order wasn't just for the P35. Had another .7l bottle, and two bottles of the CCC. But even so, would that equate to another 15 or 20 EUR in cost?

Also, T is right. No other option but private courier.
Answers to common newcomer questions.

List of WS articles from across the web.

Help other absintheurs and newcomers by submitting a review. Click here to go to the main review page to submit your entry.

Rantings of a DC Gourmand.
WS on the Mutineer Blog!

#37 Brian Robinson

Brian Robinson

Shabba

• Advisory Board
  • 12,907 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 05:55 AM

:yahoo: My P35 just arrived! Since I have the day off, I'll probably post a review after lunch.

Help other absintheurs and newcomers by submitting a review. Click here to go to the main review page to submit your entry.

WS on the Mutineer Blog!

#38 peridot

peridot

• Content Team
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 06:07 AM

Ah, I completely overlooked it the other day.

With just one extra bottle and two minis that shipping increase seems excessive to me. But what do I know.

My stupid facebutt page.

#39 Brian Robinson

Brian Robinson

Shabba

• Advisory Board
  • 12,907 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 07:36 AM

Believe me, I'm witchu. That doubled the cost of my order.

WS on the Mutineer Blog!

#40 Brian Robinson

Brian Robinson

Shabba

• Advisory Board
  • 12,907 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 03:30 PM

OK, here are some pics of the first louche up. The color looks more artificial in the pics than in person. In person it's just a very vibrant natural looking green. Maaaaybe just a bit too bright, but I'm not enough of an expert in coloration to make that judgement yet.

I'm going to hold off on the full review for a day or two because right now I'm very stuffed up, so my palate and olfactory senses are FUBAR. On the first glass, I have to say I enjoy it. I'll let you know if that stays the same when my sinuses are clear.

Attached File  DSCN0581.JPG   33.6KB   39 downloads
Attached File  DSCN0582.JPG   35.85KB   39 downloads

Attached File  DSCN0583.JPG   36.64KB   38 downloads
Attached File  DSCN0584.JPG   36.85KB   45 downloads

Attached File  DSCN0585.JPG   35.08KB   40 downloads
Attached File  DSCN0590.JPG   26.42KB   43 downloads

WS on the Mutineer Blog!

#41 Fixedspiral

Fixedspiral

• PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 11:29 PM

Anyone else try this? Go figure, the day I was going to make a purchase, there one minute (or should i say early afternoon) and gone the next (sometime that night). Was originally holding out for the not-so-special edition, but 300/500 Euro is beyond absurd in this situation.

#42 speedle

speedle

Peanut Gallery owner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 11:00 AM

It looks absurdly green to me, almost like Pernod but green not yellow. And this from a guy who loves the color of Eddy and Duplais. Maybe it's the freshness/newness of it all?

I hope to pick some of the regular edition myself, provided it doesn't have a price tag to match the color.
- cogito ergo louche

I lost some time once. It's always in the last place you look for it. - Neil Gaiman

#43 verlock

verlock

• Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 03:25 PM

My shipment arrived today! I was annoyed to find that it has a screw on cap. I do not know but to me Absinthe should have a corked bottle. Maybe I am old fashioned and I know that it is what is inside the bottle that really counts, but I still object to a screw on cap being used with Absinthe. OK my rant is done for now at least.

#44 peridot

peridot

• Content Team
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 03:28 PM

The prototypes always come in the same bottles, which have screwcaps. They're not packaged with great presentation in mind.

My stupid facebutt page.

#45 tayker

tayker

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 05:25 AM

I'd buy it but they took the link down. pfft.

Anyone read Spin's interview with Manson? Supposedly the reporter was drinking absinthe with him, and I think there was a blurb as to how he got into it. I'm not a fan of Spin and Rolling Stone mag, but the interview was good.
When a person who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, they will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest.

#46 Alice

Alice

Newcomer

• Neophyte
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 07:32 AM

yeah I read it the guy talks about drinking pink absinthe!

Edited by Alice, 12 July 2007 - 07:33 AM.

'However, this bottle WAS marked `poison,' but Alice ventured to review it anyway.."

#47 verlock

verlock

• Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 04:14 PM

I'd buy it but they took the link down. pfft.

I found it one the sight but had to do search for "Mansithe" not "Prototype 35"

#48 Phoenix

Phoenix

Advansed Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 07:13 PM

This is the first prototype I've ever ordered as I consider my palate to be a rather savage and I never felt like I was in any postition to be reviewing absinthes. I had to order this though as I've been a fan of Marilyn Manson long before he was famous or even close to a household name.

Prototype 35 is the 13th absinthe I've tried, so even though I'm no expert, I know what I like and what I don't. I'd feel a bit silly ordering and not posting my thoughts about it so here it goes. Out of the Duplais', I've had the regular and the Brevans. I'd put this one in the middle of the two. I prefer the standard Duplais to either but I like the P35 more then the Brevans. I noticed the color mentioned eariler in the thread and in my opinion the color is on par with the two other Duplais products I've had, I like it. Overall I do enjoy this absitnhe a lot. The only thing that rubs me wrong about P35 is the smell. Upon opening the bottle and taking a smell I got a very bad feeling. I'm not sure what ingredient it is but my girlfriend had mentioned that it smelled like fish (anyone know what that is?). Once I heard that, that's all I can think of. Thankfully it's a "fresh fish" smell and it doesn't carry over too much into the taste. You can taste it but it's pleasant and not overpowering like it is when smelling it clean. I'd say this absinthe was more of an aquired taste for me as I enjoy it more and more each time I have it but I do find that this isn't one where I'm smelling my drink between sips.

Edited by Phoenix, 13 July 2007 - 07:16 PM.

"He's a politician. It's like being a hooker. You can't be one unless you can pretend to like people while you're f***ing them."

#49 OMG_Bill

OMG_Bill

Complete Absinthe Geek

• 12,254 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 07:18 PM

The power of suggestion is an amazing thing. B)
Some folks may cringe each time I use the term "Booze" regarding these high quality drinks.
I mean no offense. There are bottles of extraordinary booze out there. I've tasted a few. Relax.

#50 peridot

peridot

• Content Team
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 08:36 PM

I'm not sure what ingredient it is but my girlfriend had mentioned that it smelled like fish (anyone know what that is?).

Interesting. My girlfriend noticed a fishy smell and taste in Lucid and refused to drink any more after one sip. I've had it before and since and I still don't smell or taste it, though. Wonder if it might be the same thing causing it in both absinthes.

My stupid facebutt page.

#51 speedle

speedle

Peanut Gallery owner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 08:55 PM

My Duplais Balance was fishy, I thought. The regular Duplais too. Not so with the Lucid though. I think it's just one of the ingredients that is used (no, not the fish) that reminds some people of a fishy-ness.
- cogito ergo louche

I lost some time once. It's always in the last place you look for it. - Neil Gaiman

#52 Brian Robinson

Brian Robinson

Shabba

• Advisory Board
  • 12,907 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 10:26 AM

The only thing that rubs me wrong about P35 is the smell.

Agreed.

WS on the Mutineer Blog!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 The Wormwood Society Absinthe Association