Brian Robinson

Prototype 35

I'm curious based on the comments over at the FV. People seem to be defending it pretty vigorously. Their argument is that we shouldn't judge it strictly by it's namesake, but by its content. Apparently it's pretty high quality stuff.

But it IS hard to take the 'guilt by association' out of the picture.

Plus, the 70 euro shipping doesn't feel too good either...

Hmmmmm, may add it to the order I am placing this week just to check it out . Take it to Terminus with me get a group review. :devil:

I can't imagine Markus and Oliver teaming up to make something less than what we're accustomed to from them. Unless Manson had some really idiosyncratic ideas about what he wanted, I expect it'll be pretty good.

Agreed. Everything I've read says that it has been formulated with top quality ingredients and in a traditional style recipe. I'm looking forward to giving Markus some feedback. The moment I get it, I'm gonna review it.

He is. But ever since the first time I heard anything about it, Markus has said it would be a verte.

He was considering artificially colouring it, though. Glad he didn't.

I'm curious based on the comments over at the FV. People seem to be defending it pretty vigorously. Their argument is that we shouldn't judge it strictly by it's namesake, but by its content. Apparently it's pretty high quality stuff.

Yep, spoke to Markus and it's a good product, not a 'very' complex one but remember it has to please the US market, not only connaisseurs like me and you.

It's not a goth product, it is absinthe.

I can't imagine Markus and Oliver teaming up to make something less than what we're accustomed to from them. Unless Manson had some really idiosyncratic ideas about what he wanted, I expect it'll be pretty good.

Correct, like everything that's coming out of the Matter distillery.

I wonder what the motivation is. To make money? Probably not, I assume Manson is doing just fine in other economic pursuits. Did MM find that the absinthe market was missing something, something to his particular taste? Or something he thought Americans might enjoy better? Is it just a pet project, where he will get a kick out of being on the label (if he is)? Of course which one of us would not jump at the chance to take part in creating our own absinthe! Will he be drinking Serpis still or this now? I am a little disappointed in that it is not going to be "Serpisy"... not so much the color, but the taste.

On one hand I am glad that it is being crafted by legit folks, and it will most probably be a decent product. On the other hand, I am uneasy with MM being the "face of absinthe" in America. Not that I have a problem with him, but there is an awful lot of Goth baggage that comes along with him, that lends to all the old "pork chop" stuff and the "absinthe-crazed artists". I also have trouble seeing him testifying in front of Congress, a la Zappa, championing the legalization of absinthe. It is also going to chaff a little when you mention absinthe to people, and they say "Oh yeah! Like Marilyn Manson!" It's going to be interesting to watch this play out.

This will be on the label: (he claims the green comes from absinthe he was drinking and mistook the bowl)

post-1144-1183668697_thumb.jpg

Or he was drinking La Fee at the time.

It was going to happen, period. I'd rather it be a real product made by Matter than an oil mix made by somebody else. Manson's never exactly indicated a very mature taste for absinthe, after all.

I'm mildlycurious. B)

I'm Monkey Curious!

Is the P35 that was at the last Green Hour the same that this one? I really liked it, if it was or is.

It was P33 at the Green Hour.

My thoughts, too. Marcus' reputation lends ample credibility no matter what someone thinks of Manson.
What I've heard of his music isn't quite to my taste, but he's just an entertainer playing a role. He has some artistic talent and a hell of a design sense.

With Marcus involved it has to be at least drinkable. I don't think he would want his name associated with anything that resembled czech crap. I would guess (not tried any) it would hit somewhere on the La Fee/Doubs end of the scale.

I agree!

I have enjoyed everything Markus has made.

I hope that Mansinthe wouldn't deviate from the norm!

I am uneasy with MM being the "face of absinthe" in America. Not that I have a problem with him, but there is an awful lot of Goth baggage that comes along with him, that lends to all the old "pork chop" stuff and the "absinthe-crazed artists". I also have trouble seeing him testifying in front of Congress, a la Zappa, championing the legalization of absinthe. It is also going to chaff a little when you mention absinthe to people, and they say "Oh yeah! Like Marilyn Manson!" It's going to be interesting to watch this play out.

I'm with you on this one.

This just in... MM inspired absinthe just what the idol-worshipers ordered.

post-97-1183695469_thumb.jpg

Authorities caution: excessive consumption leads to:

post-97-1183695535_thumb.jpg

(sarcasm alert: no criticism of Markus' products intended. I fully expect prototype 35 and related absinthe will be terrific.)

I think he was probably joking when he said that...

I actually saw the interview, he said he was pretty out of it and accidentally put his brush in his absinthe instead of the paint.

And history was made... :twitchsmile:

Easy to believe. I've done it too many times to think about. It usually just screws up a perfectly good drink, instead of adding absinthe to my painting and making the news...

Xian, welcome! :cheers: But now, as your punishment for joining us, you have to go to the "Newcomer Introduction" area and tell us everything there is to know about you. Even that time behind the math buliding in high school...

Just noticed as I was placing an order. Prototype 35 is 68%, Mansinthe is 66%, wonder if Prototype 35 got blended with something to make Mansinthe.