drcocktail

The Cat, Dog, Sushi Thread

They're just really big bugs.

Anyone read Orson Scott Card's Ender series? I loved it.

Long time ago even before when the book was officially published in Poland, great reading. Has he written something new? I am out of sci-fi/fantasy/horror scene so not following what's on.

One thing I dislike about this here Internets is it makes it too easy for me to learn about people's opinions.

I enjoyed "Ender's Game" and a couple other Orson Scott Card novels.

But, the man has a website, where he publishes his opinions on politics and the world.

Turns out we disagree so radically that I can't even consider purchasing another of his books.

Happened for me with Neal Asher, too. Good SciFi writer. Has a blog I happened upon one day. Won't read another of his books.

I do find lobsters quite tasty, however.

~Erik

Edited by ejellest

Oh, no. That means that you must be a :censor1:. :shock:

Now I have to set my controls to ignore your posts.

Seriously, one of the reasons we avoid politics here. It can color perceptions.

Not to mention start fights.

We're too nice to fight. :cheers:

I hate to say it, but I agree with the Pan Buh.

I don't care to discuss politics or religion, but Orson Scott Card writes good books and dabbles in both of the controversies.

I just read what I like to read.

Not trying to start a discussion or argument about Mr. Card's politics.

Just making an observation about the availability of information, and the bully pulpit of fame.

It is almost always disappointing, in some respect, to meet a writer or artist you admire.

Sometimes, I think it is unfortunate that the internet makes the semblance of intimacy so much easier.

I would have been perfectly happy to go on reading either author's books, had they not felt the need to spew their political opinions on their websites or blogs.

Dat's why Hiram says it's to be avoided. One hell of a smart rule, I think. I'd hate to start hating so many of you good folks over just because we disagreed. ;)

Am I the only one that loves lobster? That simply can not be.

I love me some lobster!!!

It's a helluva lot tastier than a land cockroach, I'll wager.

"Must have been a big cockroach." Seriously though, some of the shit that was around in the Carboniferous and the Cambrian, those were some big bugs. Their politics were all wrong too. I'll take Kafka for 500.

Not trying to start a discussion or argument about Mr. Card's politics.

Oh, I know you weren't, dear. I generally like to be kept unaware. Ignorance is bliss.

I'm very happy.

I love lobster. If cockroaches taste like lobster, they better watch out in my house. Of course, my gecko seems to think they are pretty tasty...hmmmmm.

You nursed it? Good lord! I'm all for spiders, but that could get dangerous.

Well I DO love animals, you know. :twitchsmile:

Am I the only one that loves lobster? That simply can not be.

No. I love lobster, shrimp, mussles, squid, crab, etc. etc. etc. LOVE seafood. I'm also partial to catfish after spending some of my childhood in SouthEast Texas and having a fresh supply of it.

If any of you ever take me to dinner, please, PLEASE, no seafood! And more importantly, NO SUSHI!

Nothing beats Italian cusine, or a hot New Orleans meal

Edited by Zzz

I would have been perfectly happy to go on reading either author's books, had they not felt the need to spew their political opinions on their websites or blogs.

Just admire the art they are creating and do not care if they err in their political views or not. I am doing the same with painters.

I value their masterpieces and rarely pay attention whether one of my favourite ones was treading this or that path.

And definitely no seafood, if you please ;)

If any of you ever take me to dinner, please, PLEASE, no seafood! And more importantly, NO SUSHI!

How can you live in Orange County and not like sushi? I didn't think that was possible! We have more sushi restaurants than McDonald's!

But of course, nothing beats my Italian cooking. Maybe you'll find out some day.

How can you live in Orange County and not like sushi? I didn't think that was possible! We have more sushi restaurants than McDonald's!

But of course, nothing beats my Italian cooking. Maybe you'll find out some day.

oh OH. Italian is my weakness. Don't tease me..................

There is no level of sobriety that can help me eat sushi. I will never understand what draws people to it.

I can only hope its temporary. One day I will not have to worry about ending up at a sushi bar when I go out to dinner with my friends.

I've never met a cuisine that I didn't like. And Japanese food, in and of itself, is fantastic IMHO. Sushi is only a small part of the overall whole. However, I must say, there is a sushi for all tastes. Not all of it is raw fish. Many people who have never had it think it is gross, but then when my wife and I take them to a sushi place, they always find something they like.

I LOVE sashimi, but its not something that anyone who doesn't like fish should order.

There are plenty of veggie sushies and also sushies made with cooked ingredients that are VERY good.