drcocktail

The Cat, Dog, Sushi Thread

Ummm....one other thing for those who haven't been to Casa de Cocktail before....hope you aren't allergic to cats. We still have 4 of them.

I love cats. You won't notice if one is missing after the party, I hope.

:shock:

But . . .

But . . .

I don't believe it.

You're kidding, right?

Y'all oughta try it.

I'm tellin' ya, a little cat eatin' is good for the soul. ;)

If you were a cat lover, PB, you would know you got your quote the wrong way round: it should read:-

"a little sole eatin' is good for the cat."

I would be a vegetarian but I love steak! If I had to farm my own animals for meat, I would be a veg. I can't even go to a restaurant and sentence a lobster to death for dinner! (that and the anaphylactic shock that would come after about 2 bites...)

Cats are definitely off the menu. Same for puppies. :nono:

For shame, Wray.

No cat eating at Casa de Cocktail. It's frowned upon.

I don't want to eat one. My cat Sheba just needs a friend. Ignore the squirming mewing thing tucked under my jacket.

......or enough cowbell.

But seriously - I am so stoked to go to Doc's on the 7th. (She says trying to appear to be on topic).

Me too. It'll be really neato to meet all of you.

(that and the anaphylactic shock that would come after about 2 bites...)

Much in common, Molly. I'd love to tear into one of those creatures but ...ain't gonna happen with me. :dead:

Sorry about that shock thing.

We are of an accord. No creature gets put to death specifically for my meal.

AND I think lobster is overrated (though I love it in Newburg aka guilty pleasure!) --Doc.

Hey, bug-like, if you please.

Some of us have a certain fondness for certain arachnids.

Spiders have feelings um, attachments, er, ah . . .

Well, some of 'em are cute and cuddly at least. B)

Well, some of 'em are cute and cuddly at least. B)

And taste just like crab. Mmmmm...

My downstairs neighbors had a tarantula for a while. They introduced it to me one evening when I was heading out for a ride and let me pet it. When I came back later in the evening, I asked about it and they said "Oh yeah, we finally found her." "Finally?" I asked. "Yeah, she got away for a little while and we couldn't find her."

Many years ago one I had got loose for a while. The cat pointed out that there was something very interesting climbing up the wall.

But better yet was the time a roommate's 3-4' boa got loose. Couldn't find it anywhere. Turned up wedged down under the mattress of another roommate's water bed. Not only couldn't he find anyone willing to share his bed with him and a boa that night, he had to drain the mattress. The boa wouldn't budge from that nice, cozy, heated safe-haven. The owner worked in the science dept's rat labs. Had a steady supple of free food. Even brought pinkies for my tarantula sometime.

In order to get over my fear of spiders I used to have a trantula named Icky. I'd hold him occasionally until one day he was hanging upside down in his cage and poking the mesh roof with his fangs.

I never touched him again.

I have a love/hate thing with spiders. I can't kill one in my apartment. I even saved and nursed a black widow back to health last year.

Ender's Game is awesome, Molly! Orson Scott Card also did an excellent book series based on the lives of women in the Bible. Very good read!