I like New Amsterdam, and you can't beat the price!

I'd have to say my favorite gin is "Cascade Mountain" from Bendistillery (out of Oregon)... heavy on the juniper, just how I like it.

If you haven't tried this you need to.

Interesting note: The (oddly named) Bendistillery releases products aren't exactly representative of traditional gins.

It is my understanding that they distill nothing on site. Their bendistillery gins, like the soon to be released Tru Gin, are simply grain alcohol infused with spices, filtered, diluted, and bottled. Someone has mentioned to me that benditillery doesn't even use auxiliary spices, only juniper berries. I haven't confirmed this.

Also, I'd guess since they are simply macerated and not distilled, the products probably have a bit of a shelf life or evolution once opened. Or even when left on the shelf at the liquor store.

~Erik

OK, we had our first bottling run of Voyager Gin. For those of you in Washington State, please go to your local liquor store or watering hole and ask for it by name.

No matter what the clerk at the liqour store says, it is available for special order.

PICT0105.JPG

Congratulations, Marc. The bottles look great.

Don't you love the "we won't give you a product # until someone orders it" nonsense from Wash. State? Sooooo helpful.

Go get 'em. You've got my email if you need anything.

Yes, the WSLCB could be a little more helpful, especially to in-state producers.

Also, our blog has been updated with a few photos of the bottling event. Just long onto our website and click the link to the blog

www.pacificdistillery.com

I will be emailing you soon Mr Leopold...

Congratulations Zman, and great pictures on the blog, that's a beautiful still!

I have about 1/3 bottle of (very enjoyable) Aviation left, when it's gone I'll start a quest for the Voyager.

I'll be looking for and buying Voyager from an online source long before it arrives in my state I imagine.

Best of luck to you and yours. Keep us posted please. Thanks.

:cheers:

Update:

We got to try some of this Voyager gin over the last weekend. It's terrific. If/when this gin is within your grasp, get it. I believe it will be tasty in a number of cocktails or just over ice. I will be the guy in the front of the line. B)

Good job Marc! :thumbup:

Thank you. :cheers:

My bottle of Voyager is way past empty. It's dusty inside. If someone could point me in the direction of an internet seller it would be very nice. Today would be nicer.*devil grin*

Cheers!

My bottle of Voyager is way past empty. It's dusty inside. If someone could point me in the direction of an internet seller it would be very nice. Today would be nicer.*devil grin*

Cheers!

May I (humbly) suggest emailing DUNY and asking them to carry it? Seriously. :wave2:

I finally got to taste Voyager at the Zig Zag Cafe last week. Very, very nice!

:cheers:

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Zig Zag is a great place. I went in last Friday and was absolutely amazed watching Murray mix up cocktails using the Voyager. It did my heart proud to see the folks enjoying it. Zig Zag also makes a mean (I do mean mean) alligator gumbo.

May I (humbly) suggest emailing DUNY and asking them to carry it? Seriously

I'll gather the website info and do it in the next few minutes. Consider it done!

Edit: Done!

Reply from DUNY:

Hi Joe:

thanks for the update. We will add it as soon as it gets all approvals in

NY. Hopehully in next 3-6 weeks.

Regards,

Kamal

I like those folks at DUNY.