Artifex

Refugee from the "other" forum

My apology to the forum.

I get riled up over immaturity with firearms.

And Artifex, please do not quote the post directly above yours.

Anyway, collecting and savoring Absinthe and other rare liquors is one of my passions (along with Freemasonry, Shooting, Camping, Juggling, Music and Herb Gardening).

Nosdrovia!

I want to be a mason :3869-sadbanana:

And who has this concealed weapon permit? I want one of those too. :3869-sadbanana:

What T73 said.

On Masonry, Zzz: find a Lodge near where you live and get a hold of their Secretary and ask for a petition. We don't recruit, you have to ask.

Don't even think about taking a firearm into a Lodgeroom. And you probably don't want to tell them that you smoke wormwood hash oil... not that they'll ask.

What T73 said.

On Masonry, Zzz: find a Lodge near where you live and get a hold of their Secretary and ask for a petition. We don't recruit, you have to ask.

Don't even think about taking a firearm into a Lodgeroom. And you probably don't want to tell them that you smoke wormwood hash oil... not that they'll ask.

My friend is petitioning for the Lodge in Anaheim, I think. I went to a pseudo-meeting to check it out. They had an open bar, snacks, pizza. It was in a hotel banquet room.

His dad is a mason. And it sounds interesting. It was a group....I can't remember the name but, they are the sect that deals with the burn hospitals or something??

That sounds like the Shrine.

In Ohio, alcohol is still not allowed in masonic buildings, or at most official masonic gatherings, though we have it at some functions (AMD, Shrine events, banquets, etc...)

I've been curious about it, but it seems like a large investment for something you don't quite know what it is you're buying. That and I already have plenty of avenues for hanging out with cool old men.

I've been curious about it, but it seems like a large investment for something you don't quite know what it is you're buying. That and I already have plenty of avenues for hanging out with cool old men.

How much is it? I thought it was less than 200 a year??

It differs from Lodge to Lodge. My Lodge is around $50 a year. And you get a free dinner before Lodge every month.

As far as knowing what you're getting, it is what it says it is: a system of morality for building character and making good men better; veiled in allegory and illustrated by symbols of the medieval cathedral builder's trade.

Like any other community with a specific focus, it's not for everybody.