drcocktail

Booze I love to hate....

Retsina!

I tried it probably 20+ years ago and when I think of it I instantly get that gag-reflex taste in my mouth! Maybe I just got a bad bottle, but that was nasty stuff...

Retsina seems to be a love-it-or-hate-it kind of thing. I love it. Some versions, though, seem to have the resin profile toned down in order to appeal to non-greek palates. In that case, it just leaves the taste of a usually rather ordinary, greek white wine. But I love it when it is a genuine, greek resin bomb.

My list.

Anything with jager in the name. Baren, I am looking at you too!

Saki

alcopop

most schnapps

Wait... all schnapps

bock/dopplebock beers

any tequila I tried BEFORE the tequila Renaissance of the last 10 years or so

Creme Yvette

Irish Whiskey

Canadian Whisky

Sour beer

Charteuse

Herbsaint

Hmmm, retsina. Sort of the Pinesol of the alcohol world.

Any of the "wines" I drank as a youth like Boones Farm, Annie Greensprings but especially Spaniada. There is a story that shall not be discussed involving that wine...er, wine-like substance.

Cheap champagne not made in Champagne. Nasty next-morning headache.

Back when I was far too young to be drinking I had a bad bout with some beer called Black Label (not the hard stuff by the same name) that is to say I drank too much of it and couldn't forget the fact for several days(you folks probably wouldn't know anything about that would you? :devil: ). This may have been my very first hangover.

Much later I got put off of Goldschlager and Jagrmeister for a similar reason.

this was the winter of my having decided to become a "Professional Alcoholic" in order to slog my way through the misery that is island life that time of year.

it seemed like a good idea at the time :laf:

it wasn't.

Back when I was far too young to be drinking I had a bad bout with some beer called Black Label (not the hard stuff by the same name) that is to say I drank too much of it and couldn't forget the fact for several days(you folks probably wouldn't know anything about that would you? :devil: ).

Yum, vomit inducing beer!!

carling_front.jpg

:drunk: Anybody remember Weideman's Beer, absolutely tasted marvelous, it had unfortunately a nasty after effect called explosive diarea. Sold around the Kansas City, Mo area in the early 80's :poop: But the beer was cheap and I wasn't a beer expert.

Brandy

Port Wine

Alchopops

Tequila

Any beer my friends can pronounce the name of. Is there a tax on vowel usage in some countries?

Rum, although I have not tasted many.

Just about any schnapps. Instant gut rot.

I won at dice while living in Wisconsin and was given a free shot. I had been drinking already and needed to get home so I asked for a weak one. Watermelon Pucker. The only thing that puckered was my sphincter as it oozed down my digestive track.

The worst for me in Berghoff Beer. It doesn't taste too bad for local brew, but I had the worst hangover of my entire life after drinking four of them (and nothing else) at a show. I just wanted to die.

Edited by Poor

:drunk: Anybody remember Weideman's Beer, absolutely tasted marvelous, it had unfortunately a nasty after effect called explosive diarea.

I used to buy that swill in Buffalo for $2.39 a case in the 70s.

Tasted marvelous? I suppose, if you were a fan of stale rye bread.

I have to agree with you about the explosive diarrhea, though...not the best beer to get snockered on whilst playing tennis. :twitchsmile:

My list...

...Sour beer...

Well now,

Larsy just made my shit-list.

What pussy said.

and I do despise anything with "schlager" or "meister" in the name.

I'm glad Shai brought up mayonnaise even though it's not a drink. That foul, vile dreck... substance... deserves to be on every shit-list.

Everyone seems to love it, and I always feel like people stare at me as if I'm an alien when I politely say "no mayo on the burger, please". :puke:

As for booze, I'm not fond of heavily hopped, bitter beers. And most whiskies.

And Gammeldansk. (Gertz is a brilliant exception.)

Mad Dog 20/20 + evil frat brothers = a booze I love to hate.

...and you can't forget Cisco!

I thought they stopped making it until I stopped into a convenience store in the 'hood and I saw what looked like about 14 various colors of the stuff.

I'm glad Shai brought up mayonnaise even though it's not a drink. That foul, vile dreck... substance... deserves to be on every shit-list.

Everyone seems to love it, and I always feel like people stare at me as if I'm an alien when I politely say "no mayo on the burger, please". :puke:

Agreed!

I'm such a white girl; I love the mayo.

My fiancee (not white) teases my about my like for mayo...we call it my "white-boy sauce."

I love the mayo.

I thought you Southerners like the Miracle Whip! Slathered on 2 pieces of Wonder bread with sliced Velveeta, of course. :devil: