gfpoet

Full bodied cigars

Was wondering if anyone knew of any other brands of cigars besides the CAO MX2 that uses a maduro binder as well as wrapper??? Or anyone have a favorite full-bodied cigar - brand and name??

Camacho Triple Maduro was released on May 23rd. Maduro wrapper, filler and binder.

Also the Fuente Anejos are a great full bodied smoke if you can find them.

Onyx Black is a surprisingly good smoke for the price.

Also, as I always mention, the Opus X and Forbidden X's are very full bodied. They aren't maduro, but they are still good if you want a lot of taste.

Thanks for the info on the Camacho will give them a try.

I also agree with the 1926's . I have a couple in my humidor now, but like to wait for certain occasions.

The regular Padron maddies are already my favorite everyday smoke along with some Partagas Black label. For some reason I find a Partagas Black goes very well with a black (with a little sugar) cup of coffee first thing in the morning.

I enjoyed the CAO MX2, but getting tired of it for some reason. One tastes fine, then the next not so good. Probably just me. So I went back to Padron.

Will definitely try the Camacho.

Thanks again!!

Tried the Camachos. Rather pricey for me so only bought 2 or 3.

I found it to be a very good and enjoyable smoke.

Searched on the net to see if I could buy a box cheaper.

I only found one site that has them and that's www.arnoldstobacco.com.

Not a bad price, but only 18 in a box. I may buy a box next month when I finish my CAO's.

All in all, I really enjoyed it.

Thanks again for the info!!!!

I'm not sure of the binder/wrapper being both maduro, but I think you would like the Astral TVS. It is very oily, rich and smooth with a fair amount of spiceyness. Construction is very nice and the burn is consistent in all the ones I've smoked over 5-6 years. Also, look into the Trinidad maduro.

They are not maduros, but I just received a box of Ramone Allones Small Club Coronas from a small island (09/06 production) and they are one of the best small cigars I have had in a long time. Plenty of taste for a 42 ring. A real bang for your buck smoke!

Had a couple Onyx a week ago, they were harsh after smoking two-thirds of each one. I was surprised because the only other bad Onyx I had were the ones in the portable tin. I had a smooth Macanudo Hampton Court maduro on Saturday.

I wonder if Onyx had a bad crop within the last 1-2 years?

They might have. I know that in the past couple of years they didn't get as good of ratings in the Cigar Insider and Cigar Aficionado, but they've gotten much better writeflying monkeys more recently.

By the way, have any of you tried the Pinars? There's a guy in DC who carries some so I picked up a few. They are quite tasty, and for the quality, much cheaper than I would expect to pay. They are rolled with pre-embargo cuban tobacco, but they cost less than most top shelfers, like Opus X.

I have tried the Pinars and find them most tasty - especially for the price. A very nice looking cigar as well. I tried them at a Cigar Dinner back when they were released and have kept a few in the humidor ever since.

If only those Black Dragons were a bit more exclusive! Really, FIVE boxes????

By the way, have any of you tried the Pinars? There's a guy in DC who carries some so I picked up a few. They are quite tasty, and for the quality, much cheaper than I would expect to pay. They are rolled with pre-embargo cuban tobacco, but they cost less than most top shelfers, like Opus X.

Never tried the Pinars. I know the store here doesn't have them. What shop in DC?