Movak

Ceramic Fountain

I have a design for a ceramic fountain. No pictures yet as it is only in the concept stage right now. The general idea is a slip cast body with a wrought iron base. I am designing it for home use so it will be sized to handle 2 glasses at a time. I am asking because there will be some investment in time and materials to get things going. I do not want to start this if the production costs will be too high.

I may even make the fountain in a kit form with the completed base, all hardware and an unglazed body. That way one could create their own personal design and get it fired at a local ceramics hobby shop.

Any ideas would be helpful.

Movak

It's a fun thought, fer sure. We love our ceramic fountain and use it daily...sometimes, just for a drink of ice water. I'm guessing the biggest problem would be to keep the quality high enough to keep the snobs happy and the price low enough so no one suffers sticker-shock. That will be a tough balancing act, my friend. ;)

Would this be a "high end" item, to compete with existing fountains out there, or are you thinking "the fountain for the rest of us?" I am just throwing a dollar amount out there, but I believe if you could come up with a great fountain under $100, there might be a path beaten to your door. I don't know if that is possible, though. I do like the idea of being able to customize it. Maybe some models already glazed could go for more? Might make nice Christmas gifts. Maybe send some of the unglazed bowls to various absinthe glitterati for autographs and then glaze them. Or perhaps have several commemorative models for specific green hours, or the Wormwood Society etc. It sparks the imagination!

$100.00 dollars US or less for a quality fountain !!!! Now that would be a great. Just reading about it I have just sold 3 if they were avaliable.

Indeed, the production cost (read: maker's asking price) is what put my ceramic fountains out of most people's reach, and at upwards of 15 lbs, shipping is a bitch.

If I can bargain the guy down, I'll have a sale.

Great for anyone that can swing it!

We've never regretted a penny of our investment.

Things are comming along ok, pricing looks ok and I can get the spigots locally. I wonder what colour I should make them?

Movak

I liked some of their songs, "back to school" and "change" were good catchy songs. I've bought the "Back to School (mini maggit)" EP only though, I couldn't listen to a whole album, too repetitive.

:laf:

Mthuilli, maybe if they had called themselves the Mono Tones, I would have been more sold on them...at least it would have been truth-in-advertising.

Since I have yet to purchase an absinthe glass (bad me) I need to know how tall the glasses are and how much higher the spigot should be for a propper drip.

Thanks,

Movak

I really wanted one of those ceramic fountains but the size became an issue when I decided to stay on my boat for awhile.

Sounds like it's time for a bigger boat!

They are plenty big enough. The issue is more of trying to secure such a large heavy object. I use an old water crock which I tie down to the helm when I'm using the cockpit table. Works great when you are out sailing. :pirate:

They are plenty big enough. The issue is more of trying to secure such a large heavy object. I use an old water crock which I tie down to the helm when I'm using the cockpit table. Works great when you are out sailing. :pirate:

Are we talking power boat or sail?

Ok guys, stop hijacking my thread :tongue: . Get you own thread.

Movak :devil:

PS. Still waiting for an answer to my queston about glass dimensions.

Tough question to answer regarding dimensions. Your best bet may be to go to Oxy's absinthania site and look at those dimensions. So many people use so many different glasses. Some of mine are 5" or 6" while my favorites are more like 9".

My reservior and cordon's are around 7.5" tall. I put my drippers at about 11" in I remember correctly.

I'll measure when I get home later tonight.

I can't wait for my bar to arrive next week so it can finally take its rightfull place front and center.

Do post a pic when you have it set up.