deaddybear

Trying a Hookah?

Jen and I will be smoking Starbuzz Blue Mist in a moment. Most "advanced" hookah smokers poo-poo Blue Mist as it's a very beginner shisha. However, we don't care what others say and do. ;) We really love the blueberry and mint flavor and enjoy the smoke Starbuzz gives! Here's one of my favorite pictures of myself hookah smoking.

SoLovely-3.jpg

I've smoked for years in the Middle East with countless indigenous folks in unnamed locations. And if there's anything I've learned, it's that every single smoker has a favorite flavor and routine. That's the benefit of social smoking. It's fun to try everyone else's favorites, and appreciate (or not) the bountiful varieties of shisha and ceremony.

It's meant to be fun. It's meant to be social. Don't worry too much about the "correct" way, since that's entirely dependent on how you enjoy your tobacco.

Just play with it. Have fun with it. Nothing wrong with loving what you love.

I've never tried it and know absolutely nothing about it, but Ron's post sounds like the correct way to go about it.

Whoof. Finally have internet again. Well I've got a second and third hookah since my last interloping into this thread, and I must say, I am in LOVE with Absolute Zero by Social Smoke. Angie, Blue Mist is very fine but smoking it on an empty stomach will be very harsh just so you know. If anything my best recommendation is Hookah-Hookah tobacco, good quality tobacco, the flavors are widespread and magnificently flavorful. And you can mix almost anything. (Double apple + butterscotch = caramel apples)

I've been smoking much more since I got my job, during the weekends I'm at a minimum of one bowl a day with the occasional sneak during the workweek (but don't tell my boss ;D)

I'm hoping to try the rest of my new flavors this week, spent twenty dollars on shisha. And since I'm expecting to be unemployed for a week or two, I may just have the chance. In the meantime though, How 'bout someone starts a shisha review thread eh? I'm feelin' it. I'd do it myself. But I'm shy :P

Also: my new baby, 264710_208063705905307_100001050383360_606031_7564252_n.jpg

Love your new baby!!! And yeah, Blue Mist can be kinda harsh. Right now we're smoking Melon Blue and later we have Starbuzz ACID. Starbuzz combined with ACID Cigars, I guess. The smell is atrocious, but we've heard great reviews, so we'll see!!!

There's a website that has lots of info and reviews... hookahpro. There's a fair bit of, shall we say... immaturity, but if you sift through, there's far more helpful stuff. Check it out and see what you think

Double apple and 7 spice.

Just like momma's apple pie :D hahahaha, Brian, you reminded me of something my mom told me when I picked up cigars. Apparently back in her day, she's almost sixty mind you, the 'bad boys' would get cigars "this big" *insert photograph of fisherman-style-arm-measurement* and inhale 'em. Then they'd pretend to be all tough when their stomach started crawling out of their mouths, I'd imagine.

I've smoked for years in the Middle East with countless indigenous folks in unnamed locations. And if there's anything I've learned, it's that every single smoker has a favorite flavor and routine. That's the benefit of social smoking. It's fun to try everyone else's favorites, and appreciate (or not) the bountiful varieties of shisha and ceremony.

It's meant to be fun. It's meant to be social.

I couldn't have said it better myself. Though I did on occasion get a talking to on the 'correct' way to smoke, pass etc - but I think it was mostly obligatory to show tribal dominance.

Just wanted to share last evening's pursuit. New KM 'Hafa' packed with Nakhla DA, and a glass of Pacifique. Deeelish.

5882279320_4742fbb660.jpg

This may be one of the more intelligent conversations I've come across regarding absinthe...it seems like more than a few members have tasted the real deal...I just wish there was a good absinthe-flavored shisha.

Absinthe Flavored Shisha

post-3747-1331012679_thumb.jpg

This is a good way to end a Monday :) Anyone care to join me for a drink and a smoke? Happy national absinthe day!

I like Hookah-Freak's Mad Hatter sisha. It's a unique blend that starts with sweet kiwi, moves to a buttery cantaloupe, and ends with a spicy tea. I've always enjoyed it with my absinthe.

It's hookah time! :thumbup:

Do you ever go out to any of the hookah bars around town? Nara on washington is pretty nice when it's not crowded. Zayna in Des Peres can be fun when they have their trivia nights.

I typically go to Ranoush in the Loop. I love their food and when it gets a little nicer out, it can be a great place to hang out and relax. I also have my own Kahlil Mahmoon hookah, so mostly we just smoke at home.

Dan here. There's a pretty cool place in Pomona called "Sinners" ... all they serve is Starbuzz (X on the Beach is a personal favorite) plus they do an awesome job of cleaning the pipes ... nothing worse than smoking great shisha from a dirty pipe. I've got two hookahs at home, but I prefer going out ... more of a social thing, I suppose.

I've got two hookahs at home, but I prefer going out ... more of a social thing, I suppose.

I agree! It has been proven that hookahs smoke better while surrounded by good friends. I have a travel size hookah (that has a nifty travel bag) that I bring with me whenever going out to meet up with friends. Having it out in public is also a good way to meet new people - it's an excellent conversation piece!

While I do prefer smoking hookah with my friends, when this is not an option, I take numerous photos and videos to share the experience with them.
Some have commented that it is in bad taste to capture an image of oneself smoking, but I have never been phased by this notion.