deaddybear

Trying a Hookah?

I haven't smoked anything since about 1980.

Nor have I.

Well, maybe a few cigars, but nothing illegal since election night of that very year. :twitchsmile:

I like my tobacco in brandy. :devil:

You have beverages?

Well, had is more like it. I gave most away at Christmas and the other holidaze. The shelves are pretty empty. Pretty is not the right word for empty booze shelves. Dang!

I keep Bud lite in the fridge for anyone that may want it. It's aged...................

I'll start shopping again this spring. :)

Well I'm glad you stopped smoking things named after a part of your own ass. Could you imagine Cokie the Clown? :twitchsmile:

That sounds better than Crackie the Clown. :twitchsmile:

I have heard that Absinthe goes very well with a hookah but have yet to try. Lucky for me there is a hookah bar just down the street. Wonder if they will let my booze in as well. :devil:

@OMG_bill : Can't wait till you guys can come over again. Our liquor cabinet is doing nicely right now, and you are always invited!

:cheers:

Yup, thanks to Bill I have a few drinkables in the shelves and the basement for aging. He's a very generous cat he is.

I was calling the clown a crackhead!

:laugh:

i smoked my first hookah in cairo in a bar in the khan about 4 years ago. good stuff.... had to go and bought one........ normally i smoke it in the summer since i use the grill to heat the coals. i should invest in one of those small hand torches.....

I recently broke down and got a Kahlil Mamoon hookah:

hookah.jpg

And some new shisha flavors to go with it:

shisha.jpg

Of course now I have to wait to get over this cough before I can enjoy my new toy/treats. It reminds me of when I was a kid and I would eat fruit cocktail. I'd always save the cherry for last, but it was such torture to delay my gratification. :no:

Ooo...I'm gonna have to set mine up in the new place and post some pictures. :punk:

Nice setup Jcbphd. :cheers:

@ jcbphd

that Nakhla Two Apples goes beautifully with absinthe - may I suggest la Clandestine?

(oops, hit the button too quick.) I now know what I'll have après supper

Edited by tami

Thanks, Ambear. I can't wait to try it out.

Tami, I will put your suggested pairing to a test. As a scientist it is my mission to gather hard data on all phenomena and report my findings. It's dirty work, but someone has to do it. ;)

Let me know if you need a research assistant. :cheers:

As a scientist it is my mission to gather hard data on all phenomena and report my findings. It's dirty work, but someone has to do it. ;)

I do have a rather lovely in-house research assistant, :heart: , but if she ever quits I'll let you know. :laugh:

I am just now getting around to trying my new set-up. I started with the Ambrosia shisa in my Kahlil Mamoon. This is awesome!

@jcbphd,

how's that KM? Care to talk about it?

thanks

tami

I just realized that the above sounds facetious. I meant to honestly ask how do you like your KM, that is, a review?

Certainly! I think it is a well-constructed hookah, although a bit on the rough side at the welds, as is expected from a hand-made hookah. My only issue is with the gasket that fits the stem into the bottom glass vessel. It's just too darned large. I find I have to put a tad of oil on it to make it fit, have to fight to get it fully on, and then have a terrible time pulling the two apart to clean it. It smokes very well though. I got my for right around $100 and it was a good purchase, IMO.

It's just too darned large. I find I have to put a tad of oil on it to make it fit, have to fight to get it fully on, and then have a terrible time pulling the two apart to clean it.

I could use a cigarette after reading that... :shifty:

It's just too darned large. I find I have to put a tad of oil on it to make it fit, have to fight to get it fully on, and then have a terrible time pulling the two apart to clean it.

I could use a cigarette after reading that... :shifty:

Nicely done, Ambear. :thumbup: