168 replies to this topic

#151 Angie13

Angie13

Newcomer

• Neophyte
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 08:48 PM

Jen and I will be smoking Starbuzz Blue Mist in a moment. Most "advanced" hookah smokers poo-poo Blue Mist as it's a very beginner shisha. However, we don't care what others say and do. ;) We really love the blueberry and mint flavor and enjoy the smoke Starbuzz gives! Here's one of my favorite pictures of myself hookah smoking.

Posted Image
*~ Angie • 21 • In love with my wife and soul mate Jen • Gamer • Geek • Artist • Shopaholic • Outdoorsy Girly-Girl ~*

#152 OMG_Bill

OMG_Bill

Complete Absinthe Geek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,172 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 09:25 PM

Very nice. You look relaxed and comfortable. The whisps of smoke seem very inviting.

Nice. :)
Some folks may cringe each time I use the term "Booze" regarding these high quality drinks.
I mean no offense. There are bottles of extraordinary booze out there. I've tasted a few. Relax.

#153 Ron

Ron

Blind Eye McGee

• Content Team
  • 4,128 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 11:05 PM

I've smoked for years in the Middle East with countless indigenous folks in unnamed locations. And if there's anything I've learned, it's that every single smoker has a favorite flavor and routine. That's the benefit of social smoking. It's fun to try everyone else's favorites, and appreciate (or not) the bountiful varieties of shisha and ceremony.

It's meant to be fun. It's meant to be social. Don't worry too much about the "correct" way, since that's entirely dependent on how you enjoy your tobacco.

Just play with it. Have fun with it. Nothing wrong with loving what you love.
Every hour is green hour. -Hedonmonkey

Sometimes bad just gets so bad that it breaks thru to the other side and becomes good. - Phoenix

#154 baubel

baubel

Hued-pottymouth

• 7,714 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 11:36 PM

I've never tried it and know absolutely nothing about it, but Ron's post sounds like the correct way to go about it.

A little technological fix to a spiritual problem.

#155 Mephistopheles D. Grimm

Mephistopheles D. Grimm

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:37 PM

Whoof. Finally have internet again. Well I've got a second and third hookah since my last interloping into this thread, and I must say, I am in LOVE with Absolute Zero by Social Smoke. Angie, Blue Mist is very fine but smoking it on an empty stomach will be very harsh just so you know. If anything my best recommendation is Hookah-Hookah tobacco, good quality tobacco, the flavors are widespread and magnificently flavorful. And you can mix almost anything. (Double apple + butterscotch = caramel apples)

I've been smoking much more since I got my job, during the weekends I'm at a minimum of one bowl a day with the occasional sneak during the workweek (but don't tell my boss ;D)
I'm hoping to try the rest of my new flavors this week, spent twenty dollars on shisha. And since I'm expecting to be unemployed for a week or two, I may just have the chance. In the meantime though, How 'bout someone starts a shisha review thread eh? I'm feelin' it. I'd do it myself. But I'm shy :P

Also: my new baby, Posted Image
It is my firm belief that Chance is the fairest thing in the world. She can never be fully swayed in ones favor, else she'll become Certainty, who is another- more vengeful- woman entirely.

"A man of wisdom knows his words will be ignored by most, but he still speaks for those few blessed hearts who will listen."

#156 Angie13

Angie13

Newcomer

• Neophyte
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 09:37 PM

Love your new baby!!! And yeah, Blue Mist can be kinda harsh. Right now we're smoking Melon Blue and later we have Starbuzz ACID. Starbuzz combined with ACID Cigars, I guess. The smell is atrocious, but we've heard great reviews, so we'll see!!!
*~ Angie • 21 • In love with my wife and soul mate Jen • Gamer • Geek • Artist • Shopaholic • Outdoorsy Girly-Girl ~*

#157 Brian Robinson

Brian Robinson

Shabba

• Advisory Board
  • 12,781 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 12:06 AM

Inhaling even a mix that contains cigar tobacco that deeply would scare my lungs right out of my chest.
Answers to common newcomer questions.

List of WS articles from across the web.

Help other absintheurs and newcomers by submitting a review. Click here to go to the main review page to submit your entry.

Rantings of a DC Gourmand.
WS on the Mutineer Blog!

#158 tami

tami

• Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 05:10 AM

There's a website that has lots of info and reviews... hookahpro. There's a fair bit of, shall we say... immaturity, but if you sift through, there's far more helpful stuff. Check it out and see what you think

#159 Mephistopheles D. Grimm

Mephistopheles D. Grimm

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 08:38 PM

Double apple and 7 spice.
Just like momma's apple pie :D hahahaha, Brian, you reminded me of something my mom told me when I picked up cigars. Apparently back in her day, she's almost sixty mind you, the 'bad boys' would get cigars "this big" *insert photograph of fisherman-style-arm-measurement* and inhale 'em. Then they'd pretend to be all tough when their stomach started crawling out of their mouths, I'd imagine.
It is my firm belief that Chance is the fairest thing in the world. She can never be fully swayed in ones favor, else she'll become Certainty, who is another- more vengeful- woman entirely.

"A man of wisdom knows his words will be ignored by most, but he still speaks for those few blessed hearts who will listen."

#160 Mat B.

Mat B.

The Gentleman of Verona

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 05:20 AM

I've smoked for years in the Middle East with countless indigenous folks in unnamed locations. And if there's anything I've learned, it's that every single smoker has a favorite flavor and routine. That's the benefit of social smoking. It's fun to try everyone else's favorites, and appreciate (or not) the bountiful varieties of shisha and ceremony.

It's meant to be fun. It's meant to be social.

I couldn't have said it better myself. Though I did on occasion get a talking to on the 'correct' way to smoke, pass etc - but I think it was mostly obligatory to show tribal dominance.
"I will show you something different from either Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you; I will show you fear in a handful of dust."
-The Waste Land

“…and it’s appropriate to serve them, as long as you serve them appropriately.”
-Jules

#161 Mephistopheles D. Grimm

Mephistopheles D. Grimm

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:44 PM

Indeed sir. I typically prefer going to my local lounge, even though it is slightly overpriced. The company is well worth it.

#162 tami

tami

• Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 12:20 PM

Just wanted to share last evening's pursuit. New KM 'Hafa' packed with Nakhla DA, and a glass of Pacifique. Deeelish.

Posted Image

#163 Ambear

Ambear

Ermahgerd, Erbsernthe

• Content Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 08:51 PM

This may be one of the more intelligent conversations I've come across regarding absinthe...it seems like more than a few members have tasted the real deal...I just wish there was a good absinthe-flavored shisha.
Absinthe Flavored Shisha
Visita Interiora Terrae Rectificando Invenies Occultum Lapidem

Website | Blog | Twitter

#164 Atavist

Atavist

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:53 PM

Attached File  absintheday.jpg   65.41KB   6 downloads

This is a good way to end a Monday :) Anyone care to join me for a drink and a smoke? Happy national absinthe day!

I like Hookah-Freak's Mad Hatter sisha. It's a unique blend that starts with sweet kiwi, moves to a buttery cantaloupe, and ends with a spicy tea. I've always enjoyed it with my absinthe.

#165 Atavist

Atavist

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:01 PM

It's hookah time! :thumbup:

Do you ever go out to any of the hookah bars around town? Nara on washington is pretty nice when it's not crowded. Zayna in Des Peres can be fun when they have their trivia nights.

#166 jcbphd

jcbphd

Hooch Essence

• Advisory Board
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:15 PM

I typically go to Ranoush in the Loop. I love their food and when it gets a little nicer out, it can be a great place to hang out and relax. I also have my own Kahlil Mahmoon hookah, so mostly we just smoke at home.
Temperance, like chastity, is its own punishment. ~Four Vines "The Peasant"

Ηa descend la gorge comme le bιbι Jιsus en culottes de velours.

You may be deceived if you trust too much, but you will live in torment if you do not trust enough. ~Frank Crane

#167 SlowDeathPodcast

SlowDeathPodcast

Newcomer

• Silver Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 06:18 PM

Dan here. There's a pretty cool place in Pomona called "Sinners" ... all they serve is Starbuzz (X on the Beach is a personal favorite) plus they do an awesome job of cleaning the pipes ... nothing worse than smoking great shisha from a dirty pipe. I've got two hookahs at home, but I prefer going out ... more of a social thing, I suppose.

#168 Atavist

Atavist

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:23 PM

I've got two hookahs at home, but I prefer going out ... more of a social thing, I suppose.

I agree! It has been proven that hookahs smoke better while surrounded by good friends. I have a travel size hookah (that has a nifty travel bag) that I bring with me whenever going out to meet up with friends. Having it out in public is also a good way to meet new people - it's an excellent conversation piece!

#169 Mephistopheles D Grimm

Mephistopheles D Grimm

Newcomer

• Neophyte
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:24 AM

While I do prefer smoking hookah with my friends, when this is not an option, I take numerous photos and videos to share the experience with them. 
Some have commented that it is in bad taste to capture an image of oneself smoking, but I have never been phased by this notion.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 The Wormwood Society Absinthe Association