JM_frankensnyder

Pernod Fils and Edouard Pernod questions

Read through Marie-Claude Delahaye's book, 200 Years of Pernod, and had some questions:

1. Edouard Pernod, before 1914, offered a "White" absinthe (blanche), for sale outside of France. Have any bottles surfaced? I've only seen vertes, or the bottles labeled "Green"

2. The ship, Marie-Therese, which ran aground and sank in 1871 had 540 bottles of Pernod Fils aboard. Many of the bottles were salvaged and sold at auction in May 1991. Anyone here have one or a picture of one? Oxy? Apparently, the Champagne they brought up was amazing but most of the wines were not.

Google searches did not result in any information.

Thank you.

I have only seen one bottle of the Pernod Fils Blanche.

Tuivel, the owner of the bottle now makes Absinthe Montmartre.

As for the Marie Therese stock I believe 50 bottles were purchased

by J.M. Franc and are now for sale on his Myspace page. ;)

Edited by Deluge

The absinthe bottles were all empty. If I'm not wrong one forum member does have one of those bottles.

Several brands offered blanches "back then". C.F Berger did, Pernod Fils, Pontisallienne did as did many more. I guess vertes sold in higher quantities which is why the majority of the bottles found have been just that. A couple of blanches have appeared though.

Do you mean "what are the odds that any pre-ban blanche that shows up shortly for sale or trade is going to be accepted as genuine?"

I believe 50 bottles were purchased by J.M. Franc and are now for sale on his Myspace page.
So that's why he never seems to run out. :g:

Do you mean "what are the odds that any pre-ban blanche that shows up shortly for sale or trade is going to be accepted as genuine?"

Odds? Genuine? WTH is your point?

Why would you take it as that? I was wondering, after reading the book, how much White there was vs. Green. All the artifacts I've seen were for "Green" vertes. The "White" seems very rare and wondered if Oxy ever ran across any. It was an interesting observation from the book "200 Years of Pernod"

I don't care about the trade of the stuff or if anything pops up as "genuine". What is your point Hiram? I don't really understand.

Hmmm...oh H., would you say that writing style is somewhat analogous to a mental fingerprint? A vision is starting to form before my eyes on this late Friday night. Just a question, that's all.

Hmmm...oh H., would you say that writing style is somewhat analogous to a mental fingerprint? A vision is starting to form before my eyes on this late Friday night. Just a question, that's all.

Good catch Speedle ...Deluge,and T73!

Seems Hiram has him figured out also!

Good catch Speedle ...Deluge,and T73!

Seems Hiram has him figured out also!

Nah, not me. I had a little insider information long before I invited him to introduce himself. The rest is, as they say, history.

:paperbag3: :hysterical2:

I think the forum needs a no JMFranc icon and maybe even a puppet one, that is if the paper bag isn't one already, or a JMFranc puppet one so we can all play "Which Troll/Puppet is it Now?"

Where do you all come from to get your heads so terribly crushed?

So why did this guy get his ass ripped? i thought it was a cool thread

Come again?

Like you need any encouragement from me. :wave2: :rolleyes:

No, just an obnoxious prick with nothing better to do who probably thinks he's getting more of a rise out of people than he is.

I have to admit, I admired the what-the-hell-give-it-a-shot attitude. He even used his real name and city. He might be a psycho, but dammit, he's our psycho.

I don't mind him being nuts, there's plenty of that floating around already. I guess it's his history of ripping off unsuspecting and uninformed shoppers that troubles me. Even with this last thread, he seemed to be looking for the next scam.

Not that the two are necessarily mutually exclusive.

Some of the most historically amusing characters have been criminals. :devil:

I'm gone for two weeks, and when I get back I find out absinthe maybe kinda sorta is no longer banned, and jmfranc is banned. Again. All the fun stuff happens when I'm gone.