Rabelais

I'll go first

I'm moving back to Seattle later this month. Seattle has all the ingredients as the picture, providing I dont see my household goods washed up and pillaged on some English shoreline, I hope to repeat the picture above at some future green hour. B)

Last night I made one of my favorite dishes, curried rice with a soy yogurt dressing, served with an avocado and tomatoes in balsamic vinegar. It's a great light summer meal and is astonishingly simple to make. If I have tofu, I'll sautee that, too, with a little jerk seasoning.

I'm moving back to Seattle later this month. Seattle has all the ingredients as the picture, providing I dont see my household goods washed up and pillaged on some English shoreline, I hope to repeat the picture above at some future green hour. B)

:thumbup: :wave2: :yahoo:

Wow......we won't miss that one!!!

Martin, you can come make that too-sounds great!

Just a reflection: "beinlausir fuglar" sounds very Icelandic to my ears, and it's not hard to liken it to Swedish "benlösa fåglar", which would be "boneless birds".

It's harder though to liken what you're cooking to birds... :mellow:

I like bacon, anyway.

Barbeque ribs, chicken and brisket, made with love and tenderness. :heart:

The potato salad was mighty fine itself.

Strawberry shortcake to top it off and whew, I feel full as an ole dog tick.

This is down home for me. :)

:cheers:

Just got back from an awards ceremony in Boston. For dinner they took us to the "Top of the Hub", a restaurant on the top of the Prudential Building with 360 degree views of the city.

Dinner started with an open bar and a buffet with a bunch of breads, meats and cheeses along with seared scallops, mussels, tuna sashimi with a spicy soy sauce, prawn salad, puff pastry filled with lobster salad, stuffed cremini mushrooms, and a bunch of other goodies.

Dinner started with an arugula salad with gorgonzola cheese, pine nuts and balsamic vinaigrette. (well, they said it was arugula, but I recognized it as rocket.

Entree was a grilled tenderloin of beef in a madeira sauce with crab-stuffed gulf shrimp in lemon butter. Sides were jasmine rice and fresh asparagus.

Dessert followed with a chilled cappucino souffle with a chocolate sauce and raspberry coulis.

The food was fantastic, but the view was MUCH better.

IMAGE_00042.jpg

IMAGE_00041.jpg

Sorry I didn't get your PM sooner Shabba.

At the bottom of that 2nd pic, about 100 yards below where the Mass Pike disappears,

is one of the coolest beer bars in Boston, Bukowski's.

Been meaning to post this for a while but never got around to it.

Starters:

Scallops, green asparagus, bacon and a lovely balsamico.

post-20-1216916449_thumb.jpg

Main dish:

Venison and Potato gratin (Dauphinois) and chanterelles

post-20-1216916471_thumb.jpg

Food is fun.

Last weekend the wife and I made a bit nicer of a dinner for guests. Pecan crusted fresh Alaskan Halibut with a tangy orange sauce made of OJ, lemon juice, white wine, white wine vinegar, shallots, parsley, thyme, rosemary, and some cream & butter. Also cheated at the end with a little corn starch to get it to a slightly thicker consistency. Served it with my wife's delicious garlic carrot puree and rice.