Alan Moss

Absinthe and soda pre-mix

I have to say, in trolling the COLAs, I've found a good number that do not seem to be reaching store shelves. My guess is that they're having difficulty finding a distributor picking up the product. Which wouldn't surprise me at all.

38 absinthe COLA's.

13 available in DUNY.

12 in Bevmo.

I'd say that is a high percentage of approved brands getting some good profile availability.

I don't think that DUNY/Bevmo stock 30% of approved Tequilas, Vodkas, Scotches, etc.

Europe has over 200 absinthes. Tesco (UK's equivalent of Wal-Mart) stock just 1.

DUNY/Bevmo are striking while the iron is hot! Something new and exciting. Could be greed, could be an amazing business sense.

So many others are missing the boat or don't want to see expensive bottles getting dusty and taking up space. Personally, I would like more bottles getting dusty and taking up space in my house. *devil grin*

JMO as an end consumer. Time is the true test of anything. The Rolling Stones or Aerosmith have passed the test.

Thanks Alan,

Cheers!

P.S. Maybe Tesco like wal-mart would prefer items with a higher profit margin, like say, clothing produced in sweat shops or sub standard (not saying seconds) products they can get by the train car load. I'm ignorant in the ways of marketing. I'll take education. :)

I have to say, in trolling the COLAs, I've found a good number that do not seem to be reaching store shelves. My guess is that they're having difficulty finding a distributor picking up the product. Which wouldn't surprise me at all.

Good news- Upsynth got distro, and it's currently sitting on shelves is SC! Looked at the bottle, only to find that it's either imported or distributed by a company right here in SC! :thumbdown:

Go figure.

Don't hate me .. but I've mixed Absinthe and Mountain Dew, and I'm not ashamed to say it was pretty damned good .. and the colors just blended right together for quite a beautiful drink!

:pirate:

Hey, experiments can be fun. I've found that 3/4 oz of Pere François (a bit too sweet) with 1/4 oz of La Charlotte (awfully bitter) works out quite nicely together.

I've often wondered if anyone had/would ever market a "pre-louched" absinthe. Hell, pre-mix it with water at 4:1 and you can quadruple your profit margin, not to mention pump those those trippin' thujones up to, what, almost 40 ppm before you mix it with water (which will bring it back down to just under 10 ppm)? In between grabbing fistfuls of cash on a Friday night, bartenders would thank you for taking away the need for slow, messy fountains. :devil:

Don't hate me .. but I've mixed Absinthe and Mountain Dew, and I'm not ashamed to say it was pretty damned good .. and the colors just blended right together for quite a beautiful drink!

:pirate:

You know, I've seen photos you've posted of tables lined with Obsello and Port of Barcelona Gin. You've seen and been next to those poor tables, bearing that terrible weight, and you've had the opportunity to relieve those poor tables of some of that terrible weight, and then BOOM, absinthe and mountain dew. I've never even thought about mixing the two together. Where are my tables of absinthe? Jk.

I have thought about homemade lemoncello with Mountain Dew though. And Swamp Gas.

I've often wondered if anyone had/would ever market a "pre-louched" absinthe.

the louche only lasts for a day or two, depending on where you keep the drinky. Nobody in their right mind keeps a glass of the stuff for that long, I know, but that's the least of the things I've done. Maybe if you froze the stuff and sold it like a popsicle....

I've fallen asleep on a glass or two. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

And when I woke up the stuff was pretty damn clear. :thumbdown:

I have given up on colas altogether. Bad for your health. So, I will not be trying any kind of absinthe cola mix if it does come to the States. I won't even make my favorite vanilla rum and Coke anymore. Nothing but healthy stuff like hot tea and hard liquor for me these days...and the occasional milk.

I was thinking about that last night actually, but I didn't have the guts to try it.

Lemon Balm? We don't need no stinkin' Lemon Balm. :twitchsmile:

Oh, and that absinthe soda thing? I did that a few years ago too:

post-1-1231448610_thumb.jpg

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!! :laf: this guy cracks me up all the time