JM_frankensnyder

ALANDIA Époque by Deep Forest

Anyone try this one yet?

"Like Maison ALANDIA Absinthe Époque was developed in cooperation with the international known Absinthe connaisseur "deep forest". The task for this Absinthe was to create a complex but balanced Absinthe, with a smooth note, without an overpowering anise smack, but with the typical French Absinthe impression. The result is here and we are proud to present it to all Absinthe connaisseurs around the world! "

549_0.jpg

Too bad it's carried by Alandia. Otherwise I'd give it a shot some time.

The task for this Absinthe was to create a complex but balanced Absinthe, with a smooth note, without an overpowering anise smack, but with the typical French Absinthe impression.

Don't they say that about all their "connoisseur" line of absinthes? ;)

"Like Maison ALANDIA Absinthe Époque was developed in cooperation with the international known Absinthe connaisseur "deep throat".

Damn syndicate

Am I missing something? It doesn't actually say where it's from. French-style maybe and apparently targeted at Jade. But where is it really from??

Isn't Deep Forest that weird band who put out that one song that time...with the chanting? Oh, wait, that was "Enigma" -- but seriously, I think Deep Forest is a band. At very minimum it's a horrible name for an absinthe "connoisseur."

Ok, so if someone goes half with me, I'll try it. I've noted before, I'll try anything (absinthe related...quit fantisizing, ya'll) once.

The unfortunate thing is I (we) would still be supporting Alandia though.

Aaron

At very minimum it's a horrible name for an absinthe "connoisseur."

Bite your tongue! It's a great name. Makes me think of the herbal goodness of the woods. Kinda like "Suisse Mountainside"

Note to self: Suisse Mountainside™

Nope, Deep Forest makes Eichelberger.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_Forest

I was joking...apparently Deep Forest isn't very famous anymore. :laf:

However, I wasn't joking about not knowing them absinthe-wise.

At very minimum it's a horrible name for an absinthe "connoisseur."

Bite your tongue! It's a great name. Makes me think of the herbal goodness of the woods. Kinda like "Suisse Mountainside"

Note to self: Suisse Mountainside™

:pirate:

YARR....Suisse Mountainside™ it is!!!!

Actually, I was thinking it sounded more like a late night cable tv movie, either horror or adult themed, or both. I dare cite The Cure, but they did have a song called "A Forest".

Like Peridot said, just a top-notch developer of absinth recipes. And don't worry about the missing "e", it's a German thing. B)

Sure wish he'd stop by to comment on the Epoque.

Very nice indeed! but the price is in Jade's range, and strangely Alandia does not carry Jade's products :g:

The marketing style Jades represent is not what Alandia requires. Interesting, how they will be selling it, as what, they have a broad imagination.

And most important, will their famous matches be added to the order?

Not only will the magical goth matches +1 be included, but possibly their miniature package of minature German style Haribo "Goldbaren" gummy bears.

Yes, I ordered from alandia once.

Once.

When I lived in Germany I used to LOVE Haribo candy.

On another note, I think Shabba and I have worked out a deal to order a bottle from them to see what it tastes like, so you folks will have your own personal WS Guinea Pigs™ to try it for you.

Aaron

I prefer Haribo over the other brands, I just wasn't thrilled with what alandia was implying I do with them. My girlfriend visited Bonn, Germany a few years ago and went to a store that sold almost every kind of gummy candy. Wish I could have seen it.

Not quite in that range. It's still 20€ cheaper than Jade.

Exactly in Jade's range :

Alandia Epoque : 65€ for 70cl (before reducing price to 60€)

Jade NO : 76€ for 70cl

11€ is still in the same high-end range for me.

And not only the price, the label (compare with the PF1901) & the bottle shape.

What I'm saying is that strangely, as Alandia is not carrying Jade's products, they've launched their own high-end absinthe.

But I still would love to try it, I love the label & bottle, and I'm sure Deep Forest did a very nice job.

I'm sure JMF would like to know (as many of you have already discovered), Luc has picked up the Epoque. Now someone can give it a taste without going through Alandia.

I'm sure JMF would like to know (as many of you have already discovered), Luc has picked up the Epoque. Now someone can give it a taste without going through Alandia.

Yep, and he enjoyed it, looks like it is on Jades's range according to him, the 12 herbs used make the Epoque a complex & floral absinthe.

I can't wait for mine!

Did you know that since May 2nd Luc has opened an online shop ? http://www.vertdabsinthe.com/shop/

:thumbup: