I don't know what to do. Most of my postings are totally inane anyway, so it won't matter. So many posts to reply to, so little time.

But for starters, Nymph your avatar is no longer very silly. Nor indeed. Like, what would one of the Darling Angels™ think if they signed up here and saw you like that? How do you expect the rest of us to stay on topic, when you're... like... like... like... that!

Actually, I was thinking today that—since Czech Absinth is supposedly a legitimate class of spirit—someone needs to do a high-quality, grape spirit-based, artisanal, just-the-same-only-no-anise-or-fennel, Czechsinthe.

It would rock much harder than any of the fake ones.

:headbang:

Yeah man, that's the spirit! But I think just a little fennel might got a long ways to helping the flavor profile. Perhaps just a smidgen of sweet fennel to add a subtle earthy note to complement the floral notes of the wormwood. Just a suggestion.

Tom will be in absentia.

Did he call to say he doesn't like authentic absinthe?

Tom, how about this:

A. Raitano is not a member of long standing and he is certainly not a merchant touting his own absinthe. How about sending him a sample bottle?

Raitano tastes the product (sorry to make you the guinea pig, dude) and posts his newbie reaction.

To be fair, Raintano should have the chance to taste Swiss/French absinthe afterward and post his experience.

I think this is fair. What say you?

OK. I'd be willing to do it. I have some suisse/french stuff coming my way already. I'm really new to this absinthe thing so I don't have a biased opinion about what I like in an absinthe. I like to think I have good taste in spirits. I would say I am a good candidate. Lay it on me Tom, just a 20cl bottle will do. I will be fair and honest.

I would just like to point out that while I think it is important to draw the distinction between attacking a "person" and attacking "behavior", it only works for us if we stick to the behavior attacking ourselves.

I know that I have been accused of being the WS Pollyanna (by saucier whom I miss btw) at times but just because Hill behaves badly (and you did behave badly, you know that right?) doesn't mean we should attack his person or ramp up for his brother before he has a chance to say anything. I know that if my brother ever showed up here he would behave quite differently than I.

Tonks - I miss the cartoon hiney

Very true Ari.

If he hadn't started in on specific personalities I would have simply counted him as a troll, but he didn't unfortunately. And it looks like he's not coming back to even cite any references for his arguments.

I would just like to point out that while I think it is important to draw the distinction between attacking a "person" and attacking "behavior", it only works for us if we stick to the behavior attacking ourselves.
Point taken. Wanna be a mod? Seriously.
I know that I have been accused of being the WS Pollyanna (by saucier whom I miss btw)
I don't miss her, or any of the other nasty, mean-spirited, trouble-making absentees, and you "get it" more than she ever did. There's nothing Pollyanna about simply being friendly, decent and hospitable.
just because Hill behaves badly (and you did behave badly, you know that right?) doesn't mean we should attack his person or ramp up for his brother before he has a chance to say anything.
Absolutely agreed. Ad hominem attacks are right out.
Tonks - I miss the cartoon hiney
It was very compelling for a cartoon hiney.
He's here. Just responding to PMs, not posting in threads.
It's unfortunate things turned out the way they did.

Well I guess I skimmed over the entire Hill Debate rather quickly in an effort to get back onto the topic: absinthe in BC. Frank Dieter at Okanagan Spirits (http://www.okanaganspirits.com/) in Vernon, BC, is working on producing his blanche and verte. I sampled an earlier version of the blanche last winter and since, it has taken a prize at an international spirits competition in Austria. The absinthes are not on his site yet (you will find them under 'specialty' eventually); I called last week but he was out of the country. Someone at the store informed me that he was still working on things - that's all I know. Frank has been exceptionally gracious in phone and email conversations. If the final product is as nice as what I sampled and distribution is working, us Canadians, or at least BC'ers, will never have to regard another bottle of CheckSinth again.