What show of soul

Are we gonna get from you

It could be deliverance

Or history under these skies

So blue

Could be something true...

...but if I know you

Youll bang the drum like monkeys do

they are what I have found while researching Absinthe. Absinthe itself is not considered by many distillers to be a super high quality drink.

Source?

My guess is the French Absinthe Prohibitionists, and the laments of serious absinthe drinkers "No one makes a good Absinthe Suisse anymore except Pernod Fils. It's all absinthe ordinaire." An exaggeration to be sure, but you get my point.

But that would not qualify as "many distillers".

I believe that on certain aspects we'll not achieve any consensus here as your definition of quality may be at odds with our definition of quality.

Here we stand on a rocky shore

Your father stood here before you

I can see his ghost explore you

I can feel the sea implore you

Not to pass on by

Not to walk on by

and not to try

Just to let it come

Don't bang the drum

Just let it come

Don't bang the drum

Just let it come

Don't bang the drum

Do you know how to let it come now?

Hill, you're really, really dishonest. And obtuse. That's my honest opinion even if you think it's insulting.

You haven't understood anything, you don't answer the important questions, and I'm done trying to get through to someone who doesn't even care what we say to begin with.

You say you came here to clear your family's name. Guess what? You did a shitty job.

He was selected by TIME magazine (August 20/27, 2001 issue) as a master craftsman from Europe beacause of his distillation abilities. This makes HIM qulaified to call what he makes Absinth.
Because a magazine said so?? I'm afraid not. There are plenty master distillers who know NOTHING about how to make absinthe.

So you state that there are plenty of master distillers who know nothing about how to make Absinthe. You critisize me for not showing facts yet I'm again supposed to differ to your higher knowledge and believe that there really are these master distillers who now nothing? Where is YOUR proof. This is emotional rhetoric.

Tom, you obviously don't have the capacity to make a case and your reasoning is terribly unsound. Like I said, read that logic link above. I'm not going to waste the time and energy to educate you just so we can communicate. You've been given a mountain of facts and evidence and given us nothing but emotional rhetoric. People have restrained themselves from what on any other forum would have been a firestorm of abuse and vulgarity to give you a fair shake, but you've responded with convoluted logic and irrelevant tangents.

Thank-you for the education on how to argue. Isn't school for fools, I'm a self taught arguer, sorry.

:laf:

I have stated that I will give you more evidence of the history of my families Absinth but why do you want it if you've already made your decision? Patience. You don't think I've taken abuse in this forum? Man you need to read some of these posts. I think your just mad that I don't want to go to your littlre Absinthe get together. :heart: Or maybe you want me out of here because I'm making a good case.

The problem is, you are wrong. Hill's is not absinthe and never was. There is no proof to produce. To intentionally continue to offer it as absinthe when it is not, makes it fake:

I have said that I am in the process of getting proof for you, do you not listen? Again you state there is no proof to produce, another assumption by you.

However, now that the true nature of absinthe is well-known and wide-spread, and more so every day, it's up to you to do the approriate thing and respond in good faith—not in attacking people who are only spreading the truth and helping to educate consumers.

So in other words you want me to not argue and agree with everything you say? Otherwise I'm attacking people?

Please refrain from responding with counter-questions which have nothing to do with the issue. Try to simply answer the questions with simple, straightforward answers.

All my answeres are no good to you? Why are you pretending that you want to debate with me. You have made your decision and will never change it even if proof is shown. You will always say that our Absinth is not an Absinth.

To everyone else read what I have said. I will give you more details and the proof you seek about our distillation process when I have them. In the meantime my arguments are valid that's why your all so pissed off!

So, um...

•Why does Hills connect itself to french absinthe if it is not a french absinthe?

or

Why does Hills connect itself to an anise-based liquor if it is not an anise based liquor?

•What lies did Oxy tell?

•What source claims absinthe was never high quality?

•What school did Radomil hills go to?

•How is that school more valid than Duplais and pre-ban Pernod Fils when it comes to absinthe?

•If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you bee?

To everyone else read what I have said. I will give you more details and the proof you seek about our distillation process when I have them. In the meantime my arguments are valid that's why your all so pissed off!

:laf: That's the most childish, immature thing you've said yet. Now you sound like Drabsinthe.

Actually it's been fun watching you bury yourself.

It all comes down to the forthcoming proof, but your arguments outside of that have not been convincing.

You never have responded to any of the important points or questions I've made and you've even extrapolated from my rather lengthy and detailed description about the relevance of your uncle's education, of which you've provided no details but claim that it had to have been definitive, that I think "school's for fools." That's stupid.

Even when people have been nice you've been hostile.

Ari, I think that every time Hill doesn't answer those questions you should repost that exact same list again without any modification whatsoever. And we can just leave it at that.

You don't think I've taken abuse in this forum? Man you need to read some of these posts.

To be fair Hill, I believe you were the first person to begin throwing out personal insults, and telling everyone that we don't know what we're talking about because we're not qualified to make judgements.

Or maybe you want me out of here because I'm making a good case.

:laf: :laf: :laf:

Honestly Hill, you've done such a bad job at defending your position, it's utterly laughable. Again, read up on the link provided regarding arguing and how to stay on point.

No one said they want you out. We're all just waiting to read answers to the questions posed to you.

Again you state there is no proof to produce, another assumption by you.

Only because none has been brought forth. That would make it reasonable to assume there is none. One would think you would have prepared yourself with the evidence BEFORE posting this thread, as you knew what to expect.

Otherwise I'm attacking people?

No. You're attacking people, plain and simple.

All my answeres are no good to you?

No. Not really. You haven't given many answers. In fact, you haven't answered ANY of the important questions that have been enumerated.

quote name='peridot' date='May 20 2007, 08:44 PM' post='88402']

Ari, I think that every time Hill doesn't answer those questions you should repost that exact same list again without any modification whatsoever. And we can just leave it at that.

Yes. This one would be a good start.

In your opinion, what are some characteristics of Bohemian-style absinth? What would one be looking for when one tastes a Bohemian-style absinth, other than "effect?" This may help us to understand more clearly how you define quality.

Listen I am only one person. Have you tried responding to 10 differnent people on a forum that have such strong opinions about your views? I am trying to respond to everyone. I have been on this computer all bloody day. Is that not enough for you to show I"m trying. I have stated that I am not a distiller yet you banter on and ask me details about our distillation procedure. I know that the wormwood is macerated and then distilled. I have said that I will get more detailed information about our procedure for you and also the historical Absinth proof you seek ASAP. I have stated that I am an autotechnician by trade and that lots of people here are more knowledgable then me on the details of making Absinth. So don't bother asking me these questions right now. I do however have a different view on Absinth then most of you people.

quote name='peridot' date='May 20 2007, 08:44 PM' post='88402']

Yes. This one would be a good start.

In your opinion, what are some characteristics of Bohemian-style absinth? What would one be looking for when one tastes a Bohemian-style absinth, other than "effect?" This may help us to understand more clearly how you define quality.

When I have a better knowledge of the details of distilling our Absinth I will provide you with that answere. Is that ok?

I find it amusing that you have such a strong opinion about the quality of your family's product but you don't actually know how to answer the questions that directly pertain to it. How can you be so convinced without actually knowing any of this stuff?

When I have a better knowledge of the details of distilling our Absinth I will provide you with that answere. Is that ok?

I know you are caught up in this right now, as are a lot of folks here. Perhaps you should get take a break , get some facts, then come back and show us what you have.

So you state that there are plenty of master distillers who know nothing about how to make Absinthe. You critisize me for not showing facts yet I'm again supposed to differ to your higher knowledge and believe that there really are these master distillers who now nothing?
This is a perfect example of your poor reasoning. I said they know nothing about distilling absinthe.
Thank-you for the education on how to argue. Isn't school for fools,
No one here said that but you.
I have stated that I will give you more evidence of the history of my families Absinth but why do you want it if you've already made your decision? Patience. You don't think I've taken abuse in this forum? Man you need to read some of these posts. I think your just mad that I don't want to go to your littlre Absinthe get together. Or maybe you want me out of here because I'm making a good case.
I assure you, that's not the reason. You haven't made a single valid point. And my invitation was sincere, but you've kind of blown it now.
However, now that the true nature of absinthe is well-known and wide-spread, and more so every day, it's up to you to do the appropriate thing and respond in good faith—not in attacking people who are only spreading the truth and helping to educate consumers.

So in other words you want me to not argue and agree with everything you say? Otherwise I'm attacking people?

No, that's not what I said. Read it again.
Please refrain from responding with counter-questions which have nothing to do with the issue. Try to simply answer the questions with simple, straightforward answers.
All my answeres are no good to you? Why are you pretending that you want to debate with me.
I never said I want to debate with you. I said I want you to show me why we should consider Hill's an absinth.
No they're not. We're pissed off because you're not willing or capable of following a rational line of reasoning and that we've wasted so much time talking to the wrong person.

Besides, how do I know you're who you say you are? You used a hotmail account to sign up here. When I call tomorrow, will you be there?

So, um...

•Why does Hills connect itself to french absinthe if it is not a french absinthe?

or

Why does Hills connect itself to an anise-based liquor if it is not an anise based liquor?

We use a bit of French Absinth history in our Absinth marketing because we believe that what we have is an Absinth. This needs to be proven. I will bring the evidence when I have it. Is this ok for now. Can you save this question for when I know more or are you going to bash me for not knowing?

•What lies did Oxy tell?

He states that Radomilm Hill and Hill's claim that we have an alternative to the French tradition. We do not and have never claimed this. He claims that we claim that the sugar ritual is an old one. Again we have never said this.

This was from my father who read it somewhere. Sorry I don't have that reference so if you want diregard that comment.

He went to the school of Liquor Mixing and Production in Prague.

•How is that school more valid than Duplais and pre-ban Pernod Fils when it comes to absinthe?

I am not saying it is more valid nor am I insulting anyone here. If saying that you are not as qualified as Radomil is insulting you then saying that Radomil doesn't know how to make Absinth and what he makes shouldn't be called Absinth is insulting to me. Big deal. Everyone here likes insulting but can't take their medicine when it's given back.

??

We use a bit of French Absinth history in our Absinth marketing because we believe that what we have is an Absinth. This needs to be proven. I will bring the evidence when I have it. Is this ok for now. Can you save this question for when I know more or are you going to bash me for not knowing?

I'm not going to bash you for not knowing. But I am going to say that the fact that you don't know means you can't know what you've been saying about your family's product is true.

•What lies did Oxy tell?

He states that Radomilm Hill and Hill's claim that we have an alternative to the French tradition. We do not and have never claimed this. He claims that we claim that the sugar ritual is an old one. Again we have never said this.

Link it.

I am not saying it is more valid nor am I insulting anyone here. If saying that you are not as qualified as Radomil is insulting you then saying that Radomil doesn't know how to make Absinth and what he makes shouldn't be called Absinth is insulting to me. Big deal. Everyone here likes insulting but can't take their medicine when it's given back.

You saying that is not insulting. It's just unfounded. We simply don't know enough about him to believe he knows about absinthe specificially, and that even if he does we don't know he's an honest man. Again, not saying he's not, but we don't know he is. And you shouldn't take us saying that as insulting. It's just the way it is.

I find it amusing that you have such a strong opinion about the quality of your family's product but you don't actually know how to answer the questions that directly pertain to it. How can you be so convinced without actually knowing any of this stuff?

Because it's my family that I have been around for for a long time. I have seen what they do and I know the reputation Radomil has. I know that being in TIME magazine is a joke for most of you but how many of you can say that that you were asked to be featured in it, I'm proud of him. He is a peaceful man that has been distilling all his life even when he was a little boy with his father. I'm sure if he wasn't in such bad shape right now he would answere all your questions in detail. I wish I could have more info right now, I don't but at least I have the balls to come in here and try! I want him to be respected because he deserves it. I don't want people to say he makes something fake. This hurts me. Don't you see. I'm also restraining myself. Everytime one of you calls our Absinth fake or whatever it bugs me. Our family has taken so much abuse on the internet it is unbelievable. I would like to see one of you in my shoes!

•What lies did Oxy tell?

The Hills site does talk about an alternative ritual and calls it classic and has a history section about 19th century french drinkers. Perhaps the site needs to explain what classic and traditional mean in context of the fire ritual.

This was from my father who read it somewhere. Sorry I don't have that reference so if you want diregard that comment.

The one problem is I think some of your information about absinthe is only half there (as might happen when someone reads something then talks about it much later, the harddrive and search engine are great helpers for the memory). When absinthe became quite popular cheap products were made just to get drunk and the wine shortage helped absinthe but it got its start 100 years before by a single company.

He went to the school of Liquor Mixing and Production in Prague.

While possibly a fine school is there any evidence they understood absinthe?

I'm not insulted at all, matter of fact, No I personally am Not qualified to say what is and isn't absinthe. Which is why I look to those who are, those who created absinthe the famous 19th century french drink. Your definition is going up against them, and I will need to know a lot more about this school and or Hills history till I assume it is as qualified to give a definition as those who made the first absinthe, the highest quality absinthe and who argued for it in the 18th,19th and 20th centurys.

??

It was a joke question.

Hill, that's where you're having the most trouble here. You're emotional and hurt and believe that your uncle can do no wrong because you know him.

The thing is, even if we're sympathetic to your situation, ultimately none of that means anything objectively. Your entire argument stems from an emotional, personal issue, not one of fact. Stop the wild suggestions like "I know that being in TIME magazine is a joke for most of you." You know perfectly well that's misconstruing what we're saying. We're saying it's irrelevant to ABSINTHE!

OK, I'm going to stop posting while you're on Peridot. It's scary how similar our posts are. I keep having to edit! :cheers:

So, to sum up Hill, emotional attachment is the antithesis of rational thought while engaged in a debate. You're bashing us for being close minded and for having our opinions already made up. You've just proved that it is in fact YOU that aren't open to facts that don't support your view of your uncle or his brand.