• Please log in to reply
303 replies to this topic

#301 Absomphe

Absomphe

Krinkles the Clown™

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,622 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 05:53 AM

I live in B.C., Canada. Everyday is National Pot Smoking Day.

The Prince is "dead", long live the Prince! :thumbup:

Yes, I'm Krinkles the Clown on an absinthe a beer bender.

You got a problem with that?

#302 Sazerac

Sazerac

Newcomer

• Neophyte
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 12:48 PM

We had an informal absinthe tasting party at our place last weekend, and after I wrote it up on my weblog (scroll down to the 3rd post), good ol' Google AdSense started throwing some absinthe-related ads onto the page.

One of them, for a site selling nothing but Czech "absinth," had this in their listing for Hill's (emphasis mine):

Absinthe Hill's has been discontinued.

Our mission at Absinthe Original is to showcase the finest Czech modern absinthes, to describe them honestly and to price them fairly. That is why we've decided to discontinue Hill's absinthe. It was one of the first absinthes available at our store and we kept Hill's absinthe to satisfy some of those customers that were looking for this particular brand. In our opinion, producers of Hill's absinthe are unable to sustain quality of a commercially produced absinthe and that is why we are no longer stocking this alcoholic drink. We are positive that we can offer many other real absinthe products at much better prices whether it is artificially coloured Staroplzenecky absinthe or Absinthe Verdoyante. However, if you still insist on buying Absinthe Hill's, we are trully sorry but you will have to keep searching.

The irony, of course, is that "King of Spirits" still features prominently amidst their product line despite their self-proclaimed insistence on quality and desire to describe them honestly.

Anyway, I found this interesting.
"New Orleans food is as delicious as the less criminal forms of sin." -- Mark Twain
"Work is the curse of the drinking class." -- Oscar Wilde
"DRINK!! DRINK!! DRINK!!" -- Father Jack Hackett

#303 Joe Legate

Joe Legate

2 jobs. 0 sense.

• Advisory Board
  • 16,976 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 01:42 PM

Interesting? It's a scream!...but in a sad, slow motion bus accident kind of way.

#304 Absomphe

Absomphe

Krinkles the Clown™

• 18,622 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 03:03 PM

"Sustain".

They misspelled "achieve".

Duh.

Yes, I'm Krinkles the Clown on an absinthe a beer bender.

You got a problem with that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 The Wormwood Society Absinthe Association