Professor Push/Pull

Greetings from Prof. Push/Pull

Welcome!

My biggest problem now is the declining value of the dollar. I need to open a Swiss bank account just to be able to afford my new endeavor.
We can help ... at least with setting up the Swiss account. Send me the money and I'll set it up. :devil:

Plant Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. Interesting. I had an interesting discussion with the professor of invertebrate paleontology at my university about this time last year, and he pointed out that most paleobotanists started as botanist, where paleobiologists usually, but not always came from geologists. I know this isn't always the case though. Have you done any paleobotanical studies?

Plant Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. Interesting. I had an interesting discussion with the professor of invertebrate paleontology at my university about this time last year, and he pointed out that most paleobotanists started as botanist, where paleobiologists usually, but not always came from geologists. I know this isn't always the case though. Have you done any paleobotanical studies?

I play with plant genes and proteins. Paleobotany would be a real sleeper subject for me--sorta like an Ambien.

I teach literature and theatre to high school delinquents who think a verb is a person, place or thing.

What makes it worse? The fact that I'm not joking.

Yay!! Another Ohioan!! Soon we may have enough people to have our own L'Heure Verte!! I'm in NE Ohio, an hour east of Cleveland.

I teach literature and theatre to high school delinquents who think a verb is a person, place or thing.

What makes it worse? The fact that I'm not joking.

You don't make your students read or write do you? Thats' your problem. Try asking them what is a fifth of 1 is and ask them to put their answer in decimal form. Scary :cheers:

I play with plant genes and proteins.

Welcome, Prof!

A true-to-life gene jockey! You aren't into regulatin' α and/or β thujone expression in A. absinthium are you? If so, you might want to check with the folks at Veridian (makers of lucid, Absinthe Supérieure). ;)

I play with plant genes and proteins.

Welcome, Prof!

A true-to-life gene jockey! You aren't into regulatin' α and/or β thujone expression in A. absinthium are you? If so, you might want to check with the folks at Veridian (makers of lucid, Absinthe Supérieure). ;)

Hey--I resemble that remark. Regulating expression is often harder to do in practice than in theory. I have a better way to jack up levels of interesting compounds in absinthe. Recently I turned a bottle of La Capricieuse into the finest verte out there. Think solubility and diffusion. B)

We would actually prefer you work on jacking down the levels of thujone in absinthe...that's kind of what keeps the stuff out of our country.

That could be attained in a straightforward manner with a breeding program. It could be done on a molecular level by knocking out a gene in the thujone biosynthetic pathway.

If a strong demand for thujone-free absinthe were to exist, trust me, abundant suppy would soon follow.

:cheers: