Rabelais

Jade distillers proof - Absinthe Edouard

physically addictive as in "I have to drink three glasses to get the same effect I used to get from one" or psychologically addictive as in "I want more, I want more, I want more"

In my opinion, the mind/body dichotomy is a mere linguistic phenomenon and cannot be given an absolute metaphysical or alcoholical status.

Philosophical bullshit is a noticeable secondary effect. I've felt this effect long before I ever had once sip of absinthe, but there is no conclusive proof that a cause always predates the effect.

I stay on the Lanfray-minus-the-cognac-crme-de-menthe-coffe+brandy-wine-coffee+marc schedule. Which means I have absinthe before work, once I get home and stay floaty until I wake up on the couch/floor/carport/backyard, etc. It feels like I'm missing out on a lot, but then the days I'm sober I realize I don't remember what I planned on doing in the first place. Oh... and I eat on Wednesdays.

"fire...drums...sweaty, naked painted chicks..."

Geez! Most of the fires I've been around were for WARMTH! You know, the kind where one side of you is prickly from the heat and the other side is near frost-bit.

I recall (despite the schnappes and Lowenbrau) a canoe trip down the Buffalo River in Arkansas where I set myself on fire standing too close to the ol' campfire. Man was it cold! But boy did I jump when I realized my pant leg was succumbing to an accelerated entropy. Of course, that wasn't as bad as a few of my fellow canoers who turned over in the bitterly cold water.

Conju looks like he was enjoying that fire a little too much.

That dreamy, contemplative expression, that........

Oh wait...that was probably his meds.

Great logo, Hiram!

Does the absinthe ever burn, too? I realize the O2 would be gone in a flash and it would extinguish itself pretty fast, but the whole notion seems wrongheaded. Why add the (in this context) sickeningly sweet, caramel-like effect on top of the absinthe? It seems guaranteed to overwhelm the rest of the ritual.

I realize I could dig for this, but what is the earliest record of this flame variation of the ritual? More importantly, why does it persist? I can see no value added and if you are just doing it for the visual, why waste the absinthe (unless it is really that crappy)?

(A little photoshop and you can see Conju's visage a bit better... Looks more like skepticism to me.)

Late 1990's for the burn your sugar with crappy Czech Absinth ritual.

I'm surprised the morons didn't go one step further, and tie their belts around their arms while they were at it.

I'm surprised the morons didn't go one step further, and tie their belts around their arms while they were at it.

Well... ughh.. why would they do something like that? I mean, wouldn't their pants fall off?

P.S. What plans do you have for another TXLF?

I've tried it. It's pretty good, but here's some comparrison-

By itself it's mighty good.

Compared with Muse de France, it seems even better.

Compared with HG, it has kind of a funny taste hiding in the nooks somewhere that I can't put my finger on.

It's still good, but that rogue flavor is quite distracting. From what I hear, it should smooth out nicely with age. I still find it yummy, I just make sure not to drink it after another high quality absinthe.

Yes, I tried it. You are right - it has a weird little side profile. It is good! I like the VS65 better. I like the HG even more! I haven't quite figured out what the sideways flavors are with the jades compared to HG. Whatever it is I like the HG better. 2 long a cooking maybe? Its worth keeping tho (i'm sipping one and laying one down). Jack says its burnt :blink: