Conju

• PipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 01:44 PM

I carry subscriptions to several firearms publications:
Guns&Ammo
Shotgun News
American Rifleman

and I must say I am fairly irked due to the fact that since I have been receiving the magazines, they would almost always carry an ad (I believe to be sponsored by) andyabsinth at absinthe24.net. (Isn't that the gentleman who did business out of NY?)

The ad simply has a bottle of KING in the background (go figure) with a gun held "gangsta" style in the front, pointed at the bottle, and at the bottom the wording simply reads "Take a Shot".

Its mildly upsetting at worst, but I can't help but feel that no matter which hobby I choose there are always people who are out there willing to debase and spread misinformation about it. It really reflects to me how popular culture continues to make America its bitch for all intents and purposes, and how social responsibility is a value that is all but forgotten here in this fine country when it comes to mainstream (and even underground) media.

I dunno, maybe I'm just oversensitive, but I see this kind of social violation and it just really makes me weep for my children.

/Rant Off
It works! It works! I don't exist!

#2 Phoenix

Phoenix

Advansed Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 08:07 PM

Freedom of speech is truly a double edged sword. The first time I truly realised this was when my cousin, who was 12 at the time, loved and knew a rap song that explained how to make crack. I think it's just up to the consumer to not buy what they're selling if they disagree with the product.

Edited by Phoenix, 30 April 2007 - 08:08 PM.

"He's a politician. It's like being a hooker. You can't be one unless you can pretend to like people while you're f***ing them."

#3 elfnmagik

elfnmagik

Mumbler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,302 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 05:05 AM

I've seen it too. Plain stupid. Where ya been, Conju?
"I really like depriving myself of things. It's fun! Very monastic." - Kosmo

#4 Absomphe

Absomphe

Krinkles the Clown™

• 20,273 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 06:07 AM

I dunno, maybe I'm just oversensitive, but I see this kind of social violation and it just really makes me weep for my children.

Aside from catching a rare glimpse of your screen name, and avatar, this was the line that drew me in.

You have children? :shock:

Yes, I'm Krinkles the Clown on an absinthe a beer bender.

You got a problem with that?

#5 Conju

Conju

• PipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 01:34 PM

I'm not a father, yet. I just have a cesspool of potential children floating around in my loins.

As for elfs question, one could peice together that I have been courting a lovely girl and am drawing ever closer to making her my wife, while also pursuing a newfound hobby of collecting and shooting guns (which is just about as expensive as pursuing an absinthe hobby).

So I haven't been around for awhile

I did recently open my 2004 Jade Edouard and will be opening my 2004 NO in July, so I still drink, just not as much.
It works! It works! I don't exist!

#6 Absomphe

Absomphe

Krinkles the Clown™

• 20,273 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 05:04 PM

I'm not a father, yet. I just have a cesspool of potential children floating around in my loins.

Thanks, Conju, I should now have no trouble losing those last few pounds I've been meaning to shed, buddy. :cheers:

Yes, I'm Krinkles the Clown on an absinthe a beer bender.

You got a problem with that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2017 The Wormwood Society Absinthe Association