Brooks

Absinthe: The American Remix

Although it does seem reasonable that if you market the product to those that already want it then it can be shown that "sales are way up and inventory is way down" in the boardroom. That way more stores will want to carry it and sales will go up. Unless there's something they don't want us to know about it, like it is actually cat spray or something like that. Which can't be true because I don't think that the FDA would approve that stuff either. So what are you waiting for? I'm talking to you Viridian. Give me my Lucid!

But that's kind of the point, they don't NEED to market to us. Look at all of the marketing we've already been doing ourselves. Someone posts something new about it practically daily.

Why spend money marketing to someone who they already know will buy the product? It's not a smart business plan to increase sales. They already have us ready and willing to buy a bottle (or six), so now they need to concentrate on increasing the base of new sales by appealing to the 'uneducated' masses.

Yes, a six-pack of Lucid. Sounds about right, don't you think? Anyway, you're right, we're all so rabid here I'm surprised they even give us the time of day, because they know we're all right behind the damn delivery truck like puppies on a leash.

They'd better not get too comfortable. They can be assured a lot of us will buy one bottle but any further purchases will depend upon quality.

Nope. I specifically asked. Their 'cases' are only 6 to a case instead of the normal 12. I think it's because of the size of the packaging. Looks like it's packaged similar to a good Scotch, with a cardboard box for each bottle.

They'd better not get too comfortable.

With the hoops they've had to jump through and the cash outlays they've already endured, I don't think that's a problem just yet. Just look at their bottle. ;)

Better six than none. Now I understand; I thought that bots would be just put in the package without being packaged themselves. But, it is good that they care for packing as well.

I think Lucid Absinthe is really to break down the barriers, get themselves (Viridian) established as a player in absinthe distribution in the US. We may think marketing to bars and clubs is boneheaded, but from a money perspective it does make sense. Even a few drinks of absinthe every night means you'll be reordering very soon. And there are thousands and thousands of bars...

The folks at the bar next door to where I work were looking into Lucid. But their distributors don't seem to have it. Then it was "Well it's not really the real thing because it won't have any effects..." and "There's lots of substitutes already..." to which I replied that absinthe is not a drug, it doesn't have any effects and that Absente is not an absinthe. I didn't have time to discuss the matter further, then.

This is the kind of obstacle Lucid has to overcome.

Brooks, I'm still :laf: over your "Here lies...". :heart:

Well, once again I have called the monkeys. I just placed an order for a bottle of Lucid at Bargain Liquors! I will say the shipping is a lot less, but the bottle price made up for that. Hopefully the drink is worth it. :cheers:

Really? Most of what I buy, except Duplais Balance and Matter prototypes, is the around the same price as or more expensive than Lucid before shipping, adjusting for equal volume. And after shipping everything's more expensive than Lucid, unless in a huge order.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy it and post a review soon. :cheers:

Instead of doing a search, look in the spirits category. Then click "other fine spirits." It's right there and you can load the page. Don't know what's wrong with the search function.

Thanks, Peridot! Done and done!

Hell yes I'm going to try the first legal US absinthe! I've been waiting 95 years for this and...wait, that's Absomphe's line. ;)

I'll have to wait until next month. I just spent my liquor budget on Irish Whiskey, beer, and gin.

Really? Most of what I buy, except Duplais Balance and Matter prototypes, is the around the same price as or more expensive than Lucid before shipping, adjusting for equal volume. And after shipping everything's more expensive than Lucid, unless in a huge order.

You're right, Peridot!

It is absolutely cheaper. I didn't really think it through when I posted that comment. I think I was a little excited that I was finally ordering. :cheers:

I just tried to order some from Bargain Liquors and it looks like they are sold out. I went to the other sites linked by the Lucid web page but they don't show it at all. :thumbdown: The fact that Bargain Liquors is sold out is a good sign though; I would imagine a good response to the product just as it is being released would reflect well upon it.

Darn it! Lucid available in Rockville Centre, NY, where I was born! Props to all the Nuns at Mercy Hospital, I am sure they would be proud that I was now in Seattle, WA, scouring the Internet for Lucid Absinthe...

Darn it! Lucid available in Rockville Centre, NY, where I was born! Props to all the Nuns at Mercy Hospital, I am sure they would be proud that I was now in Seattle, WA, scouring the Internet for Lucid Absinthe...

Great googly moogly, Printmkr, that's exactly where Tish was born!!!

Talk about a small world. :shock:

Just placed an order with Park Ave. Liquor (over the phone) for a bottle. $12 for shipping, you can't beat that (unless of course you live in NY and could just go pick up a bottle). :cheers:

I just tried to order some from Bargain Liquors and it looks like they are sold out.

I must have ordered the last bottle then (I placed an order early Sat. morning and it went through) so I'm sorry about that!

(but kinda glad that I'm getting some, so I'm not feeling *very* guilty, no...)

- Johanna