Phoenix

Hello from another Minnesotan

Hello eveyone. I've known about absinthe since I was a teenager and was thrilled when I finally got to try my first taste a few weeks ago. A friend of mine had placed an order with Alandia and let me sample his bottle of Maison Alandia. I enjoyed the drink very much so I placed an order myself. I ordered the Strong68 starter set and a bottle of Czechsinthe. The starter kit is listed as a best seller so I figured I couldn't go wrong with it. Oops.

Since discovering the WS forums I placed an order with LDF (Duplais, CLB, and Eddy). I'm amazed at the difference in quality and can't begin to thank you all enough. I'm also much happier in supporting a business like LDF as they don't hype secondary effects. I have always doubted that absinthe did this, and was very surprised to see it being marketed in such a manner on other sites. I love all three bottles I recieved from LDF and will definitly be placing orders with them again. Out of the six absinthes I've tried I enjoyed the Jade Eduardo the most, followed by the Duplais, and I look forward to trying many more bottles in the future.

A little about me. I'm in my mid twenties and live in the twin cities. Most of my free time is spent working on 3d models for an independent video game that I'm helping to create with a bunch of friends that I've met online. When I'm not working on that I'm usually spending time with my black lab, Casey. Her interests include scaring away creepy people when it's dark out, and tennis balls.

What a difference a little knowledge brings.......we were luckier on our first purchase. Welcome to lots more learning and fun! :cheers:

Welcome aboard! Those of us who live up here in the cold more months than not should form a club, ya know? Maybe we could find something we had in common, like booze or something? :cheers:

Welcome! :cheers:

That's a nice Pontarlier glass in your avatar. What do you do your modeling in? I don't know if you noticed, but the pont glass in the WS logo is from a 3d render.

glass_render.jpg

Thank you everyone. :cheers:

Harim, I model in Blender. I've toyed around with a few others but prefer Blender the most. I'd really like to get better with Zbrush as I'm fascinated at what it's capable of in the right hands. To make my avatar I actually used the WS logo as a reference pic. I hadn't noticed it was a 3d render. It's a very nice looking logo and kudos to the person that did it.

Edited by Phoenix

Nice avatar illustration. I often transfer at the Minn St Paul airport, love Prince, Husker Du and the Replacements, and think Kevin Garnett is The Man. The first hockey game I ever went to as a child in NY was the NY Islanders vs the North Stars. JP Parise and Jude Drouin were great (who the Islanders later traded for and helped us win several Stanley Cups!)

That's it. I'm tapped out on Minnesota.

Welcome aboard! Those of us who live up here in the cold more months than not should form a club, ya know? Maybe we could find something we had in common, like booze or something? :cheers:

Yes, like booze or something !

Welcome aboard :cheers:

Harim, I model in Blender. I've toyed around with a few others but prefer Blender the most. I'd really like to get better with Zbrush as I'm fascinated at what it's capable of in the right hands. To make my avatar I actually used the WS logo as a reference pic. I hadn't noticed it was a 3d render. It's a very nice looking logo and kudos to the person that did it.
Why thank you. I've never used Blender, but I've seen some impressive work from it. I modeled the reservoir glass in AC3D and rendered it in Bryce.

P.S. I just found out there's a OS X version of Blender; last I checked (quite a while ago) it was only available for Windows. You folks may not see much of me for a few weeks.

Well come, Phoenix! :cheers:

How great to have a lab, they're wonderful creatures. I used to have a Golden Retriever myself, and her best dog-friend was a black lab.