LeRoy

Apsinthion Polski Absinthe

I could not find a thread concerning Apsinthion Polski Absinthe so I thought I would ask. I just recently came across it and wondered if anyone has tried or even heard of it....

post-1255-1176689565.jpg

...Absinthist ?

I did find a review for this Absinthe since I posted this thread ;)

My review is here a bit brute and authoritarian but soon others will follow:

http://www.feeverte.net/forum/index.php?sh...mp;#entry130888

there are better things in Poland to get and to drink, but if you are curious, give it a try, challenge the chemically-engineered glycerine laced sweetness in its purest form :)

But if you want to drink something exqusite at its best, choose one or three :wave2: of these:

http://nalewki-i-inne.pl/en/oferta.html

I've always wanted to add a bottle of it to my 'novelty absinthe' section of my bar. I have one of their spoons I picked up on eBay.

That's ok, as long as you don't feel compelled to drink it yourself.

You could always foist it off on unsophisticated guests who expect absinthe to be that color, and taste bad.

Absinthist,you always come up with other drinks to try :cheers:

I am still trying to get some Unicom.I was going to order it(modified recipe) over the internet,but was told at a local liquor store they could get it for me. Kind of like waiting for the flying monkeys.

It's OK. I happened upon it last weekend while out of town and picked up a bottle. Although I had never tried it before, and it had been quite some time since I had Jägermeister, I didn't think there was much to distinguish between the two. Also, at $40 it ain't cheap.

I didn't think it was quite horrible, but then again, I've tasted Logan Fils. The Apsinthion had a more citrousy smell I thought and had more body than the thin appearance would have led me to believe. The bottle I have was a gift, not bad, but wouldn't buy it again.

Hmm, you sound like you know what you're talking about. Why not go over here and tell us about yourself. There's a lot of folks that would like to welcome you to the Wormwood Society!

Actually that was the first absinthe I tried and at that time I really liked it. It hooked me up you can say. I guess I’m lucky that this was my first absinthe and not one of the Czech absinths. Of course after I tried some of the good ones like Jade and Duplais I realised, that Absinthion is a history for me.

:blush:

I am so ashamed...

What Absinthist said - Poland has a lot more to offer than crappy knock-off Czech absinthe.

For instance:

Crappy knock-off European brand name clothes.

Crappy knock-off Persian rugs.

Crappy knock-off Ukrainian cigarettes.

All this and more at the European Union's largest outdoor bazaar in the stadium in Warsaw.

Crappy knock-off European brand name clothes.

Crappy knock-off Persian rugs.

Crappy knock-off Ukrainian cigarettes.

All this and more at the European Union's largest outdoor bazaar in the stadium in Warsaw.

I am terribly and truly sorry that you could not go in here:

http://www.zlotetarasy.pl/page/plan_centrum

or here:

http://www.sklep-ballantines.pl/sklep/index.php

or here:

http://nalewki-i-inne.pl/en/sklepy.html

and the only you could afford was "Stadion Dziesięciolecia".

And, Apsinthion has nothing to do with Czechsinths. It is rather a fennel bomb with artificial aniseed oil, very minute amount of wormwood, sugared and artificially-coloured. Something very La Fee alike, IMO.

The Nalewki brand looks very interesting. Are they good Boggy? They sound very interesting. It's nice to see as well an extensive selection, even if not all of them are the popular ones of the day.

Also, how many zl to the dollar? The online currency converters think all of Poland uses the Euro.

One USD costs 2.5zł right now.

DP, are they good? They are simply excellent! You pay for the quality and you get the quality, what it is, exact date of production, signed, what is the alcohol level, coloured with what, also sold in typical original bottles with the logo engraved. Their mead, though just recently introduced, was very delicious as well.

I have not tried all of them, but these I have had were really interesting and tasty.

Yes, LeRoy, this is exactly the same and only place where you can get the closest approximation of Piołunówka of the heyday, which btw, would be perfectly marketable in the U.S.

In case you are there, go for these:

Nalewka Rokitnikowa (medicinal), Wiśniówka na rumie (rum marries well with cherries), Miodowa (genuine honey, strong taste), Złota Nalewka (curiosity and limited edition), Korzenna (rooty and spicy), Bakaliowa (old Polish tradition), Gruszkówka (distillate), Orkisz (vodka from primordial grain), Pszeniczna (wheat vodka), Piołunówka, Pieprzówka Gutta (quite intriguing, contains cayenne pepper), Miód Pitny Trójniak (smooth, rich, typical mead).

However, the ladies working here have tasted all of them, so will always be of great help in case you have questions or doubts.

Every shop offers a promotion: if you buy six x 100ml, you get 7th for free.

Most of the Nalewki I have tried in the past have been overly sweet, like liqueurs. I'm assuming something like Piołunówka or Nalewka Rokitnikowa couldn't be - but in general, is the mouthfeel of the Nalewki thick and syrupy, or more like naturally flavored wodka (similar to Zubrówka)?

Depends on the one you choose. Rokitnikowa is gently sweetened, Piołunówka is oversweetened for me, Żubrówka is a complete different story in that matter, it is thin and less complex. Fruit nalewki might tend to be thick and syrupy but if they are bottled at decent alcohol level, the taste won't be ruined by the sweetness, which in their case makes them less flat, more balanced.

The mouthfeel of Miodowa, e.g. is very rich, penetrating and highly concentrated in comparison with CO Krupnik which is rather watered-down and spiciness it should deliver is far away. It is true, that some of them might be considered to have a striking similarity to liqueurs, because of lowered alcohol content or too much syrupiness, however, some will be more in the traditional vein. Because the variety offered is a vast one, everyone should find something for themselves.

Do not get fooled again:

Brand new look, brand new label with "100% natural" and "finest extracts", but same old shit in the bottle.

86134126.th.jpg

66249128.th.jpg

Generally, a combo between La Fee and 1792 Trul Absinthium, so neither absinthe nor even absinth. The good news, however, is Grand De Luxe seems to be no longer available :thumbup:

Not sure about the global availability, but the bottle in the pictures was purchased by one of my friends in Tesco, Warsaw yesterday or so.