Sign in to follow this  
ompir

mysterious info-pac for sale on ebay

Ah, Andy. I've talked to Andy a couple of times via email. Gave him some help fixing some of the disjointed english on one of his web shops (though I don't think he's actually made many changes yet, if at all). Nice enough chap, actually, but I have a tough time justifying an order from such a thujone-bent vendor. If someone bites, I suppose its their loss.

Is this the same Andy of Andy & Wolvie fame? The guy who took piles of peoples money for shit HG he called La Bleue, and then only delivered a scant few of the bottles people paid for?

I don't know about that. I hope not. You can follow my comments on the current situation in the thread I linked above.

The info pack is amateurish, but not bad. Also, he's not really charging for it, but refunds the Paypal payment as soon as he gets it. Weird, but not wicked.

Seems like he's willing to turn over a new leaf.

I don't know man. The Andy that stole people's money was German, just like this Andy. Are there two German Absinthe Andys? The Wolvie Andy was a nice guy too. He had to be to convince you to send him $ with no delivery guarantee. At first he was reliable (kind of like Opie), but then once people really started ordering he took the money and ran.

I did manage to taste his "Swiss Verte" at the first Louche Fest. It was about as filtered as Absinth King.

Sounds like he stole people's money and started a business with it. I'd like to think it was the same guy. Otherwise, that looks really bad for other German guys named Andy who drink Absinthe.