Sign in to follow this  
Rabelais

Cyclone glass

The green cyclone strikes.....

post-104-1176310693_thumb.jpg

Had to get one when I seen it, slightly twisted like me :3872-DrunkBanana:

filling to the third ring from the bottom with the likker, then to the sixth with water makes a 1 to 4 mix by volume.

Available at the Rome airport terminal B for 6 euro, have not seen it anywhere else.

That's a lovely glass. Definitely a keeper.

But the photo's a killer, too. The reflection on the table is distorting the space in such a great way, I almost want to think the glass is on the floor, rather than a table, since there's no readable edge.. You an advertising photographer? You've highlighted the glass really well, distorting space, and yet not. Perfect.

So now I gotta fly to Rome for one of those?

But the photo's a killer, too. The reflection on the table is distorting the space in such a great way, I almost want to think the glass is on the floor, rather than a table, since there's no readable edge.

Now that I've taken a closer look at the picture I concur with PB's sentiments. Absinthe may never make me trip ballz, but your picture certainly does the trick! Great shot. :cheers:

Could you elaborate on the volume? Is this a "typical" portion or "one glass and you're out"?

I keep seeing feet curling up under the base...

I'll stop by the kiosk at the airport next week and ask about any on-line sales or if there is another store more accessable in Rome and try to find the source/manufacturer of the glasses. Also the kiosk is in the secure departure level of the Rome airport, you cannot access from the arrival level.

There are actually three sizes of that glass style. The one in the pix is the "water" and holds about .35l to the brim, there is also a "wine" that is same proportion but 2/3 scale and a "champagne" that is 1 inches taller and much more slender.

The pix was taken on our sun porch, the glass was sitting on a black marble table top, security rolling blinds are the horizontal strips on the left. I wanted to catch the twist well but not too close, what appears as some out of focus is actually condensation on the glass, I usually toss 3 or 4 ice cubes in on top of the already cold water, it was a warm, humid day.

Gratzie for the compliments. :worshippy:

Long time no see (or hear from) Rabelais.

Which of the Rome airports?

Might bring wife and youngest daughter to Rome soon.

Ok, the cyclone glasses are from France, here is a link; Cyclone glass

The website did not list the wine or champagne sizes anywhere, likewise I did not find a English selection on the site.

There are no other botiques in the Rome area other than the one in the departure area of Fiumicino (FCO) Airport.

Maybe anyone coming to the Fete de Boveresse mail order some with delivery to your hotel (if in France, Switzerland isn't part of the EU and there may be a VAT (ransom) for you to pay if in Suisse) Or maybe a enterprising French or English Absintheur will start marketing them to the upscale absinthe market ? Any EU residents should not have a problem with purchase.

I plan on bringing a few back with me in June, the kiosk only has one left so I reminded them to get more so I can buy more..... We shall see.

Bon chance. :cheers:

Ok, the cyclone glasses are from France, here is a link; Cyclone glass

Thanks!

Struggled through the French to create and account, and get an order prepared... only to end up in the shopping cart checkout on a page that in amongst all of the French said "Server is too busy"... wonder how frustrating that must be for the non-English speaking French using the site... or perhaps there is enough exposure to english in the internet that certain key phrases like that are well known... :->