Bluescat

What are you cooking tonight?

NY strips with smokey, crumbled blue cheese, rosemary and garlic alongside a few scallops marinated in olive oil, salt, black pepper and lemon pepper. All grilled and washed down with a delicious meritage. Spring fever, children...tasty.

Haha. Thanks. I eat a lot. Aside from that, I'm Greek, and I was raised in my mother's kitchen! Next time I'm able to cook for myself, I'll be sure to post recipes and pictures, like the way Quartermaster James has done beautifully over in the "Tonight's Repast" thread.

It looks like Brian can find his way around a kitchen too!

Well it's just past 3:30am and the pork butt is in the bbq pit with ribs to follow in about 6hrs. It's going to be one long day, plenty of beer, absinthe and Tesseron lot 29 cognac and of course great company :cheers:

I made a farfalle pasta with chick peas and an uncooked tomato sauce of 1 lb peeled tomatoes, 8-10 basil leaves (lemon and regular), 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar, 1 Tbsp EVOO, 1 Tbsp anchovy paste, 1 clove garlic, salt, pepper. It were deeelicious.

I made a farfalle pasta with chick peas and an uncooked tomato sauce of 1 lb peeled tomatoes, 8-10 basil leaves (lemon and regular), 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar, 1 Tbsp EVOO, 1 Tbsp anchovy paste, 1 clove garlic, salt, pepper. It were deeelicious.

Yum! Again!

Shellfish ecstasy was mine tonight!

I suddenly decided I was in the mood for linguini and clams tonight, and remembered that I had a can of 'Curry Clams' that I bought at an Asian supermarket a couple months ago and hadn't gotten around to yet. "Close enough," methinks, and I whip up a very basic recipe for the traditional Mediterranean-styles linguini with clams, deciding to leave out the basil since I wasn't sure how that would go with the curry clams. Well, it all turned out brilliantly. The glass of Meadow of Love I was nursing actually held its own during the meal, although I would still recommend enjoying your absinthe beforehand.

For anyone interested, here's the recipe I came up with:

6.5 oz can of curry clams

2 tblsp butter (half of what I use for "standard" linguini and clams)

1/3 cup olive oil

1 tsp minced garlic

1/2 tsp ground pepper (I use a 3-pepper blend)

8 oz linguini

While your boiling the linguini, melt the butter in a small saucepan on medium heat until it's melted, add the garlic first and let it sizzle for about 30 seconds, then add all the rest and bring it back to a low boil. Drain your pasta, pour on the sauce, and prepare for an outstanding meal. I recommend having a piece of bread handy afterward to sop up the extra sauce, because you WILL want to claim it for your own.

At 3 am. put the pork butt in the bbq. pit, about 10 am. 2 racks of ribs will go on the rack above the butt so they can help baste it. Makes for a very long but tasty day :cheers:

Tonight, I am stuffing some artichokes with sopressata, parmesan cheese, and breadcrumbs, then braising them (standing up) in butter and white wine, and melting some provelone cheese over the tops under the broiler when done.

A couple of Aviations before dinner...

It's gonna be a good night!

Nothing fancy here. I'm grilling a some organic Montana beef, wrapped in organic Montana bacon with a rice and Serrano pepper side dish. The absinthe is pretty good, though. ;)

Apple Juice? Check.

Honey? Check.

Yeast? Check.

As long as your must wasn't too hot when you added the yeast and everything was properly sanitized, you'll be fine. :cheers:

Thanks Joe. I interrupted Bill's dinner again tonight asking him that earlier and he said it'd be fine as well. Sorry for buggin you so much Billl. If it turns out you'll be welcome to as many bottles as you want. ;)

Sounds like fun, Baubel!

I also think it will be fine. My temp's are always wacky due to the weather here. It seems I'm always on the warm side and things are fine.

Sweet. It was fun. I can't wait to do it again, but I'm going to have to wait a bit.

Nothing fancy here. I'm grilling a some organic Montana beef, wrapped in organic Montana bacon with a rice and Serrano pepper side dish. The absinthe is pretty good, though. ;)

Sounds awesome. Next time I'm up there I hope I'll be able to try some of that...both the food and absinthe. :cheers:

I maranated a pork tenderloin in Lucid, seared it on the grill, brushed it with a little garlic-infused EVOO and slow cooked it until it was finished. I highly recommend it. I served it with my smoked Gouda mashed potatoes, grilled asparagus and home-made Gougeres on the side. It's true; cooks eat the best haha. :laugh:

Spinach pie. Hmmm. The color was toasty on the outside, and a dark emerald within.

Aroma was vegetal. Louche, none whatsoever. Flavor a bit like freshly cut grass with some

strange cheese-like florals. Finish...well, it keeps coming back. Urp.