Bluescat

What are you cooking tonight?

Interesting!

I have tried all of the beers you posted and guess that Young's Double Chocolate Stout, might be good!?

Let us know which you choose!!

Um, why?

Seems to me that if you really want to do this then you should pick your ice cream flavor (and brand) as carefully as the beer for it. And heck, why not get really wild and give it a sprinkling of nuts? I love nuts with beer. But then they might get stuck in the straw. Huh. Keep us posted where this goes.

OK, so it can be done. That's good to know. I'm feeling like I should go with Rogue for the beer, and will probably use their Hazelnut, Chocolate Stout, or Honey Cream Ale if I can find either of the latter two. As for the ice cream, I'm thinking I may just make my own simple vanilla, as I do have an ice cream maker; however, if I find myself being too lazy for that, I will go with Ben & Jerry's vanilla, coffee, or perhaps creme brulee. I will report my findings to the group after conducting the experiment.

I didn't cook it but it sure was tasty. Salmon, green beans with pine nuts and a spinach/avocado/tomato salad with just a hint of extra virgin olive oil, all thanks to T73. Just what a recovering flu person needed. Of course the Ridge Verte and Ridge Blanc that accompanied it certainly didn't deter from the meal. :thumbup:

I will report my findings to the group after conducting the experiment.

Well I did it. I made my beer float tonight. I went with Ben & Jerry's vanilla and the Rogue Chocolate Stout, and it were dee-licious! I enjoyed how the rich creaminess of the ice cream played against the bitterness of the beer. Good stuff! :cheers:

Well I did it. I made my beer float tonight.

Knew some people that went to Russia and reported back that the best dessert they had was very high grade vodka poured over lime sherbert. I think that sounds good but I haven't tried it yet.

This evening it was rib eye, corn on the cob and king crab legs - grilled and eaten on the back deck. My kids and I washed it down with brews from Bitter Root Brewing Company. It is a beautiful day in Northwest Montana.

What a great time, AttackAccountant!

For us, saifun with broccoli, black bean sauce, ginger and garlic.

And lots of beer. Yummy, dark, friend-made beer.

:mbanana:

Trying to keep my ass outta the computer syndrome. Dont'cha know I gotta lose some weight. So either I sit here all too idly and eat sorbet or I don't sit here and earn my sorbet (hopefully). Catcha next time around.

Still eating Gumbo. I made two gallons and I'm the only one eating it. I pressure canned most of it.

Beer floats -

Good whole bean vanilla ice cream with Rodenbach Grand Cru. The sweet icecream is a wonderful compliment to the sour beer with tart cherry in it.