Bluescat

What are you cooking tonight?

Thanks Bill.

I found that recipe on line a couple of days ago and figured it would work well with a sourdough starter. It did.

Easy recipe from:

Bread Recipe

It is probably one of the easiest breads I've ever made.

I'm also experimenting with a dry-cure ham called Lomo that is made from pork loin. I put 6# of it in the refrigerator to start aging today.

:twitchsmile: Wow.....I didn't mean to make you work so hard! But......thanks! Up here they are just cheese filled and in a sort of egg concoction. Not fried or crispy. Now to find some good chilis........

Thanks again!

Yeah, I actually think the chilis with cheese in them are more popular. A lot less work too. :o

My grandma taught me how to make the ones above. She made both kinds (meat and cheese), but I always preferred the kinds with meat in them.

Was going to make tacos, but it's raining and i have none of the stuff for it, so I guess that means Chinese delivery instead.

pork a'la shashlik (with bacon, onions, paprika and sauce)

In its initial raw stage, now it is being marinated. We have just finished preparing it.

post-1144-1206103062_thumb.jpg

easy Pork lo mein for lunch.

two packs of frozen mixed vegetables (Brocoli, carrots, coliflour, water crest, peppers, celery)

three quarts water

tablespoon mushroom soy sauce

tablespoon bullion

boil veges till almost done

add one crushed thai pepper

chop up some left over pork loin and add it

throw in a pack of noodles

simmer a minute and shut off

Let it set till the noodles are done.

Too much licoricy, eh Gimpy :) it was just the initial stage of. Pic of the ready dish will follow, we're cooking it right now.

Below, pork a'la shashlik that has just left the oven:

post-1144-1206185676_thumb.jpg

Absinthist, is stuffed pork belly a traditional Easter food around you? I spent an Easter in Slovakia near the Tatras many years ago and got the impression that this was a traditional dish in that area. Not that I would assume the same to be true where you live, but some reference has cropped up every year since and, well, you live closer to there than I do. Just wondering, with your pictures of platters of pork.

I am not that familiar with Slovakian customs that much, but I believe that Tatra people from our side and their side would serve similar dishes. Meat, and especially pork for that matter, is quite a popular one, so are different sausages made especially for Easter (we have just received one my uncle brought from one artisanal producer).

Traditionally, for the Easter breakfast, only these products should be eaten which today were taken to church to be blessed. On the other hand, there is a big leeway as regards the choice of dishes for the Easter dinner to be served for the family and relatives. Apart from these I have shown, we will have a selection of salads, cakes, what not.

Something like that would be ok? You have been invited some time ago and you still :devil: are, I am a man of sharing, so not only such sausages will await you... :tongue:

post-1144-1206217799_thumb.jpg

This is not so much about what I'm cooking tonight and what I plan to "cook" this weekend. But first, a query: Has anyone ever made a beer float? Not a rootbeer float, but a beer float with ice cream. If not, then I plan to go where no wo/man has gone before. I envision 2-3 scoops of high quality vanilla ice cream topped with a suitable beer. Right now New Castle seems like a reasonable option, but Blue Moon, Young's Double Chocolate Stout, or Rogue Hazelnut seem like possible options too. Thoughts, suggestions, variations?